What Irritates You?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goldtop, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Jester

Jester New Member

13 year old kids that picked up a gutar 6 months ago and can now play better than me. WTF??? Little punks. Think they're so hot. But, hey, I can buy beer and cigarettes and you can't so na na na na na. Go shred on that little Bastids. :p

#41 Jester, Dec 8, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. tacomadriver

tacomadriver New Member

A number of years ago I took some lessons from Bill Harkleroad. He told me some of the most challenging students are middle-aged guys that have to worry about what they sound like. The best students are young teenage boys. They don't worry about how they sound and are just being cool playing a guitar for hours and hours each day. It's those hours and hours of practice plus the fact there hands and fingers aren't arthritic and smashed and damaged from doing things besides playing guitar.

3. docbennett

docbennett Banned

#1 irritation...."Cratchet" on Vintage rocker!! :mad::mad:

If he doesn't deserve the "ban" button...who the heck does??

4. JMintzer

JMintzer Bobble Head Moderator

I can think of two people... :flute:

5. sergiodeblanc

sergiodeblanc I like to party, mmm hmm, everybody does.

:girl:

#45 sergiodeblanc, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  6. docbennett

docbennett Banned

OK...if I can't have that, I'll choose when someone quotes me in a thread before I have a chance to go back and either delete it myself, or fix what I realize resulted in my foot in my oral cavity.

But Cratchet still irritates me. He is the gadfly that beelzebub has sent to punish me for past lives' misdeeds....or he's a jerk.

7. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Fungi Monkey

Past life? Then who did he send for this one? :rofl:

Sorry, Ned. The devil made me do it.

8. docbennett

docbennett Banned

Her name is Ginger and she's been my wife for the past 33 years. :vroam:

Hmmmmm.....now that I think about it....I've never seen Ginger and Cratchet together at the same place and the same time. Hmmmmmm....:confused:

9. sergiodeblanc

Well he does lean in on you pretty hard.... I can delete my reply if you like.

#49 sergiodeblanc, Dec 20, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2012
  10. docbennett

docbennett Banned

Now it is immortalized!! ;)

11. sergiodeblanc

Only two more posts to edit and you are in the clear.

12. DRM_777

DRM_777 New Member

The thing that irritates me the most these days are boy racers.

Dunno what you'd refer to them elsewhere, but here in the UK Boy racers are these lads who buy your average small car usually with a 1.2 litre engine and then spend 5 times as much as the car cost lowering the suspension, fitting massively oversized alloy wheels and tarting it up with garish paint jobs and ridiculous body kits/spoilers that do nothing more than make their vehicle look like a clown car. They also fit ridiculous exhausts that have no business being on such a small engined vehicle and are generally on there to make a bloody noise.

They then proceed to drive round the same route around town all night revving their engines trying to impress all the 15 year old girls.......

[​IMG][​IMG]

These morons get to me in particular, because they drive past my house all night.

It maybe wouldn't be so bad, but I live on the high street and there are large speed bumps every 100 yards or so. So these lads drive down the high street going between the speed humps revving up as fast as they can go in 1st gear making a right bloody racket and then braking for the next speed bump.....and repeat that process all the way down the street....

The cars look stupid and sound stupid and so I can only assume that the drivers are also stupid.

Ugh.

13. Mikegarveyblues

Mikegarveyblues Cream Crackered

When you fill out forms on the internet and you have to choose your age or year of birth from a drop down list and you find yourself scrolling further and further to find your age! :(

14. docbennett

docbennett Banned

This was a pet peeve of mine as well. However, having sold a few guitars yesterday on ebay, I can offer a little insight into this irritating snippet.

First of all, sometimes that last minute purchase is clealy a snipe....you can tell when it comes in within the last 10 seconds. So, in this case, often the winning bidder won't be aware that they won the auction for hours...until they go back online and receive notice that their snipe actually won.

Second (and both of these happened to me yesterday) the winning bidder bids at the last moment hoping they will win....and then, upon winning, has to transfer funds into an account to finalize the purchase. Admittedly, this scenario's irritation factor can be mitigated by merely emailing the seller upon winning the item and notifying them that it may take a day or two for the funds to be transferred.

In all cases, ongoing communication between seller and buyer attenuates the degree of annoyance and irritation.

15. crgtr

crgtr Zombie Eight - DFZ

16. Danerada

Danerada Goatee Practitioner

posters on forums that don't have any input on the OP's post, but offer unsolicited advice on the way the OP stated something (grammer, spelling, etc.) as if their "advice" is wanted or warranted.

17. QueenCityGuitars

QueenCityGuitars Vamanos Pest

It's spelled 'grammar', Dane. :rofl:

18. tacomadriver

tacomadriver New Member

Craigslist Police/Pricing Experts. I really don't need to read some anonymous posters view on another posters ad listing. I've managed to find Craigslist via the internet. If I can't discover what things are selling for on my own that's my problem. If the seller can't price it to sell that's their problem.

19. Danerada

Danerada Goatee Practitioner

I wish I could say I did that on purpose....:(

But thanks for pointing it out Brian!!!!

20. docbennett

docbennett Banned

It's spelled Bryan, Dane. :rofl::rofl: