What Irritates You?

13 year old kids that picked up a gutar 6 months ago and can now play better than me. WTF??? Little punks. Think they're so hot. But, hey, I can buy beer and cigarettes and you can't so na na na na na. Go shred on that little Bastids. :p

Last edited:
13 year old kids that picked up a gutar 6 months ago and can now play better than me. WTF??? Little punks. Think their so hot. But, hey, I can buy beer and cigarettes and you can't so na na na na na. Go shred on that little Bastids. :p

A number of years ago I took some lessons from Bill Harkleroad. He told me some of the most challenging students are middle-aged guys that have to worry about what they sound like. The best students are young teenage boys. They don't worry about how they sound and are just being cool playing a guitar for hours and hours each day. It's those hours and hours of practice plus the fact there hands and fingers aren't arthritic and smashed and damaged from doing things besides playing guitar.

#1 irritation...."Cratchet" on Vintage rocker!! :mad::mad:

If he doesn't deserve the "ban" button...who the heck does??

No way, I love Cesar! (or whoever/whatever is posting as him, I can only pray he is who he says he is!) C'mon Doc, you know he shouldn't get you as riled up as he does. The Costa Rica debacle between he and Ed had me laughing for days. Viva la Cratchet!

OK...if I can't have that, I'll choose when someone quotes me in a thread before I have a chance to go back and either delete it myself, or fix what I realize resulted in my foot in my oral cavity.

But Cratchet still irritates me. He is the gadfly that beelzebub has sent to punish me for past lives' misdeeds....or he's a jerk.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;36218 said:
Past life? Then who did he send for this one? .

Her name is Ginger and she's been my wife for the past 33 years. :vroam:

Hmmmmm.....now that I think about it....I've never seen Ginger and Cratchet together at the same place and the same time. Hmmmmmm....:confused:

OK...if I can't have that, I'll choose when someone quotes me in a thread before I have a chance to go back and either delete it myself, or fix what I realize resulted in my foot in my oral cavity.

But Sergio still irritates me. He is the gadfly that beelzebub has sent to punish me for past lives' misdeeds....or he's a jerk.

Well he does lean in on you pretty hard.... I can delete my reply if you like.

Last edited:
The thing that irritates me the most these days are boy racers.

Dunno what you'd refer to them elsewhere, but here in the UK Boy racers are these lads who buy your average small car usually with a 1.2 litre engine and then spend 5 times as much as the car cost lowering the suspension, fitting massively oversized alloy wheels and tarting it up with garish paint jobs and ridiculous body kits/spoilers that do nothing more than make their vehicle look like a clown car. They also fit ridiculous exhausts that have no business being on such a small engined vehicle and are generally on there to make a bloody noise.

They then proceed to drive round the same route around town all night revving their engines trying to impress all the 15 year old girls.......

car20ft.jpg
5.jpg

These morons get to me in particular, because they drive past my house all night.

It maybe wouldn't be so bad, but I live on the high street and there are large speed bumps every 100 yards or so. So these lads drive down the high street going between the speed humps revving up as fast as they can go in 1st gear making a right bloody racket and then braking for the next speed bump.....and repeat that process all the way down the street....

The cars look stupid and sound stupid and so I can only assume that the drivers are also stupid.

Ugh.

People who bid on an ebay item at the last minute, win said item and then don't pay for hours. ...

This was a pet peeve of mine as well. However, having sold a few guitars yesterday on ebay, I can offer a little insight into this irritating snippet.

First of all, sometimes that last minute purchase is clealy a snipe....you can tell when it comes in within the last 10 seconds. So, in this case, often the winning bidder won't be aware that they won the auction for hours...until they go back online and receive notice that their snipe actually won.

Second (and both of these happened to me yesterday) the winning bidder bids at the last moment hoping they will win....and then, upon winning, has to transfer funds into an account to finalize the purchase. Admittedly, this scenario's irritation factor can be mitigated by merely emailing the seller upon winning the item and notifying them that it may take a day or two for the funds to be transferred.

In all cases, ongoing communication between seller and buyer attenuates the degree of annoyance and irritation.

posters on forums that don't have any input on the OP's post, but offer unsolicited advice on the way the OP stated something (grammer, spelling, etc.) as if their "advice" is wanted or warranted.

Craigslist Police/Pricing Experts. I really don't need to read some anonymous posters view on another posters ad listing. I've managed to find Craigslist via the internet. If I can't discover what things are selling for on my own that's my problem. If the seller can't price it to sell that's their problem.

Back