What happens when your job gets in the way of guitar?

Damn! That’s a whole lotta guitar for $220!

I also really, really dig my tiny Blackstar Fly amp. It’s got a fairly wide set of tones, delay, can run on AA batteries you can steal from motel room remote controls, and Bluetooth for beaming backing tracks from your phone into... and I think they’re just over $100.

Truth be told, it’s basically my main amp for playing around the house, and it’s toddler and drool proof.

I also really, really dig my tiny Blackstar Fly amp. It’s got a fairly wide set of tones, delay, can run on AA batteries you can steal from motel room remote controls, and Bluetooth for beaming backing tracks from your phone into... and I think they’re just over $100.

Truth be told, it’s basically my main amp for playing around the house, and it’s toddler and drool proof.
Glad you like the amp, but it does sound like something you would drool over.

On a related note...

DTR just PM'd me. He said he's not participating here anymore.

I'd like to Lodge a formal complaint.

And I just lost my train of thought.

U.S. trucker hours of service

Max driving 11 hours
No more than 8 without a 30 minute rest. I always go off duty at my shippers and receivers because by the time I drop one trailer and hook the next, and do paperwork, it's over 30 minutes.

Max on duty time
14 hours. Can drive 11 but, the 14 is for all non driving tasks.

Mandatory 10 hours sleeper berth.

If I'm good on fuel, and not swapping trailers all day, I'll typically try to take my 30 minute DOT break after the first 6 hours of driving. That way, I only have to take one, and when I go back on duty/driving, I only have 5 hours or less left on my 11 hour clock.

If any of that nonsense clicks and you understand, Kudos.

That's not including half hour pre and post trip inspections that I do off the clock every day. To keep it simple to explain, I do it off the clock so that HOPEFULLY, I can get it fixed without starting my clock because once that clock starts, you can't stop it.

I'm lazy too bro.

My first two years playing, every guitarist in my HS said that if I kept up my rate of speed of learning, I would be headlining Madison Square Garden before my 20th birthday.

And right at that 2 year mark, I was 18 and too busy drinking, partying, working on cars and Fking women. Couldn't be bothered to practice

And then I got the not so bright idea to run off and join the damn Army.

Haven't been able to get back on that high pace since.

Back