What (guitar related) did Santa bring?

Yeah. Actually, work wasn't that bad Xmas Day. Dribs and drabs of customers visiting for cold meds and whatnot. Spent most of my time working by putting out new product on the shelves. Worked so other employees could have the day with family. Xmas Eve was at home with some music and a glass of wine.

The Christmas spirit guided my clicking finger while I was in a trance. It ended up on Guitar Center's used section and made me click a few more buttons, and became an owner of...

I haven't picked it up yet though. I am trying to think of ways how to explain to the wife that it was a Christmas miracle!

Last edited:
Come on Jake, you can’t make a post like that, that’s just teasing!
While you wait, here’s some fretboard wear I found in Nashville
CK_7100KeithRichardsTeleWear.JPG

I bought myself a Two Notes Torpedo C.A.B. M + for headphone use. It’s actually pretty good on first impressions. Only had it a couple days, so that may change. It does sound digital, but less digital than anything under $600 that I tried so far. Works well with my pedal board. To get headphones and playing guitar to sound like you are playing through an amp and a speaker is a challenge. You can try to approximate it with extra reverb and a little delay. This unit also has something called audio enhancement that helps as well.

In the future I plan on getting one of the reactive load attenuators to use the C.A. B. M + with my tube amps and silent playing with that as well. Did not buy the Two Notes because it seems a bit limited in that area. Only a couple positions for attenuation. Looking into one of the Tone King products. More areas of attenuation. Will see and Happy New Year to all.

$200 gift card to the Evil Empire, I mean Guitar Center.
Congratulations and sorry to hear that. I had the worst experience trying to buy a guitar there on NYE. Suffice to say I've seen the worst display guitar abuse by a store ever. These sitting on the top rack with halogen display lights on them and no heat ventilation.

You could see all the Pickup rings were warped. I can't imagine the wood and glue would sit nicely in that heat. The guitar they took down to try was very very warm. We're talking $1k to $3k axes.

I know...Guitar Center! I've never seen this there before, and this is a GC I rarely ever go into.

Thanks for reading. I needed to vent to people that could understand :)

Back