What (guitar related) did Santa bring?

I got a dilemma. Wife got me a pink silver sky. I had one already and didn’t love it. I can’t return this one without making her feel like ****. Worst part is she got me the first one too which I moved on. When they tell you to return a gift if you don’t love it it’s a trap.

I am so torn.
What a lovely gift!

I got a dilemma. Wife got me a pink silver sky. I had one already and didn’t love it. I can’t return this one without making her feel like ****. Worst part is she got me the first one too which I moved on. When they tell you to return a gift if you don’t love it it’s a trap.

I am so torn.
It’s a gift from her heart, my friend. Love it for that. I have several guitars I’d never sell because of a personal tie, not a playing one. A woman who would give you a guitar is such a blessing. Bless her back by enjoying it. No sermon, just a friendly nudge in a positive direction.

First time in many years I can make this claim:

I didn't spend one cent on guitar gear in 2022. No guitars, no amps, no cases, no pedals, no pedalboards, no strings, picks, tubes, polish, straps, or even humidipaks - have plenty of everything on hand.

I am so torn.
Brother, keep it. Do you have a bunch of guitars? bet you do. Anyways, I have a guitar my wife loves, the only guitar i have that she actually says she likes and she even says it has sweet tone! I will never part with it, a gibson little lucille in 25 1/2" scale. Kinda like a Blueshawk.
I could have let it go, as so many other guitars I have owned, maybe 100 probably even more than that. To have that one addition to my
collection that she loves and she can share in my passion for things guitar? priceless. I always tell people I will never let that one go cuz she loves it!
When I joined this forum I was looking for a grandma hannon pink 305. To replace one I let go..... I found it, I love this pink guitar though not everyone does. I have had people say it was a sissy guitar: It it anything but. Good luck with your dilemma.

I got a dilemma. Wife got me a pink silver sky. I had one already and didn’t love it. I can’t return this one without making her feel like ****.
I've been married for, like, 1000 years, and my wife has NEVER gotten me one single thing music-related. Ever. For any occasion.

The guitar may come in handy at some point. It doesn't need to be your #1 to be worth hanging onto. Cherish it!

You have no idea how lucky you are.

I am so torn.

I know everyone is telling you to keep this guitar.....but since no one is saying what I would do I guess i'll just put my 2 Ftt tokens on here.

I would actually talk to my wife...and explain the dillema just as plain and simple as you explained it to us. Then I'd even ask her if she wants to go pick another guitar together. I just always communicate stuff like this...it's not that your un-grateful...it's just being honest. Pretending to like the gift when you don't isn't something healthy anyway. You know she wouldn't want you to feel that way if she knew about it.

Your call though...every marriage is different...you got all the info.

Back