What good pedal board patch cables are you using ?

I have some older pancake head Hosa cables, the problem is my Carl Martin envelope filter has rear mounted jacks that are SO close to the ac jack, I can't use them. I've got some cheap Donner slim line/flat cables too, but they twist to make connections and pull on the pedals, plus they are a tad noisy. I'd like to upgrade to some decent quality now that I've downsized my board to six pedals on my Pedaltrain junior. Carl Martin Ottawa - Walrus Deep Six Comp - Smokin Amps Klone - Xotic AC Booster - MXR Phase 95 - MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe.
I have chosen Pig Hog Cables for their reliability and no nonsense lifetime warranty. I have over 30 Mic, Instrument, Patch cables with no issues. Had one cable damaged through my own fault, sent proof of purchase, photo. The cable was shipped the next day, arrived within 3 days. Never again will
I own a Monster cable. Only minor grip is they do not have a 3'' patch cable in inventory at this time.

I have chosen Pig Hog Cables for their reliability and no nonsense lifetime warranty. I have over 30 Mic, Instrument, Patch cables with no issues. Had one cable damaged through my own fault, sent proof of purchase, photo. The cable was shipped the next day, arrived within 3 days. Never again will
I own a Monster cable. Only minor grip is they do not have a 3'' patch cable in inventory at this time.
I wonder what the capacitance is? That's the key to good high frequency response. If it's under 30 pF per foot, I'd give 'em a shot.

Of course, one can always use one's ears. But where's the fun in that?

Eventide's H9 connects via Bluetooth, but it's not an audio connection. You use it to adjust parameters, choose patches, etc. It's STILL very useful.

I'm not aware of any pro-level audio gear with an audio bluetooth connection.
There would probably be a HUGE fidelity loss through Bluetooth. Maybe not. But there has to be some reason why there isn’t a better way to connect pedals.

There would probably be a HUGE fidelity loss through Bluetooth. Maybe not. But there has to be some reason why there isn’t a better way to connect pedals.
No, like he said, it's not an audio connection, it's a "controls" connection. You connect vie bluetooth only to change settings on on the device, from your phone. No audio signal is going in or out over bluetooth.

No, like he said, it's not an audio connection, it's a "controls" connection. You connect vie bluetooth only to change settings on on the device, from your phone. No audio signal is going in or out over bluetooth.
Yes, I got that. I didn’t phrase my statement well. If someone would try linking a bunch of pedals together using Bluetooth or some similar “over the air” tech, there would probably be significant signal loss, signal bleed, etc..

Yes, I got that. I didn’t phrase my statement well. If someone would try linking a bunch of pedals together using Bluetooth or some similar “over the air” tech, there would probably be significant signal loss, signal bleed, etc..
Yes, so it's only used as a convenience to access the pedals features. My TC electronics pedals all allow you to send Toneprints via USB cable, OR bluetooth from your phone. It's a cool feature,

Yes, so it's only used as a convenience to access the pedals features. My TC electronics pedals all allow you to send Toneprints via USB cable, OR bluetooth from your phone. It's a cool feature,
Brilliant feature, actually!

You know I usually prefer analog, but hot damn! Being able to control pedals from my workstation while I'm recording an ad track while stuck with headphones and cables,with clients around to see me get all tangled up if I move? Are you kidding?

Bluetooth control of presets is priceless. I can control my two H9s from my phone, my iPad or my computer, and yes sir, I do all three, depending on what the need is.

One day, DTR, you and I should hang out. You'd like my rig. I'm sure yours is great too, plus you're such a good player, I'd probably pick up some pointers. It's weird to have friends that it's a shlep to hang out with. Oh well!

One day, DTR, you and I should hang out. You'd like my rig. I'm sure yours is great too, plus you're such a good player, I'd probably pick up some pointers. It's weird to have friends that it's a shlep to hang out with. Oh well!

I'd love that. Of course I'd love your rig! To finally get to try an HX/DA and in a room big enough to enjoy it, would be enough even if you didn't turn on the other amps. But, yeah, we would. ;)

And thanks for the comments about my playing. That means a lot coming from you. :)

Mostly Evidence, with a couple of Cornish and Mogami shorties.

Sometimes I throw it all on the floor, and then end up using long cables; in which case: Vans Evers, Van Damme, Sabre and Mogami.

I'd love that. Of course I'd love your rig! To finally get to try an HX/DA and in a room big enough to enjoy it, would be enough even if you didn't turn on the other amps. But, yeah, we would. ;)

And thanks for the comments about my playing. That means a lot coming from you. :)
I'm nothing and no one.

But you can play your ass off. That's pretty cool, in my book.

But you can play your ass off. That's pretty cool, in my book.
This is the greatest day of my life! :cool:

Actually, I'm home with covid. Avoided this crap for 2 1/2 years and it finally got me. :mad: But I don't really feel that bad, I just can't do ANYTHING. So, other than being a little feverish and tired, and stir crazy, (this is day 5 of my quarantine) this is the greatest day of my life. In fact, I'm going to go play some guitar.

Actually, I'm home with covid. Avoided this crap for 2 1/2 years and it finally got me. :mad: But I don't really feel that bad, I just can't do ANYTHING. So, other than being a little feverish and tired, and stir crazy, (this is day 5 of my quarantine) this is the greatest day of my life. In fact, I'm going to go play some guitar.

Get well soon H and have fun with your guitars.

Sucks, bro. Glad to hear it's a mild case (as most seem to be these days). Crank it up, and get well soon!

Back