What gauge strings to use.

You might need a quick truss rod adjustment (and trem claw, if it's a trem), but it shouldn't be a drastic difference.

I've been using 10s but Im thinking that 9s might be easier to bend. But, I'm concerned about fret buz
then why don't you just try them? But, yes, definitely easier to bend. When I started working on string bending I went with 9's. I have them on both my PRS guitars. Everything else has 10's. I was working a TrueFire course that was getting me started on bending and it definitely made life easier. I really can not report any problem with fret buzz.

I think I'm just gonna stick with 10's for now. I tried 9's and I just like the warmer tone of the 10's. Just a little more "Beafy" to my ear. And, bends aren't all that much of a strain. I like it, and besides if I want more top-end I can always get that with my settings or my clean boost. Thanks guys for the help.

I have the lowest three from Hybrid Slinkys and the three lightest from Extra Slinkys on mine. You could always try a mix and match by buying single strings.

I have the lowest three from Hybrid Slinkys and the three lightest from Extra Slinkys on mine. You could always try a mix and match by buying single strings.

I did just this for many years. Using a 10-46 set as a base and substituting a 9.
Also for my acoustic. where I moved the e to 2nd position and the B to the 3rd position (it meant I ended up with a whole bunch of wound 3rds).

I'm happy with regular Slinky's, but as has been said there are lots of sets to choose from. The 9.5 set might be just the ticket...

I use 9s except for my Hollowbody which has flatwound 10s. I find 9s slightly easier to play (smaller hands) and I am willing to give up a touch of the "better" tone obtained with 10s.

When switching to 9s from 10s, I had to slightly adjust the neck relief and trem angle to get everything back in line with my preferences.

I use 10s on my cu24 only because i've been to lazy to set it up for 9s. All my other guitars are set up with 9s.

same as Tim. I use 9s on my strat but the shorter scale of my CE24 makes 9s feel a bit too slinky so I use 10s.

Back