What Else Are You Into? Let's Talk

Sounds compelling! Is the Dake Bible offered on amazon? Might need to check it out, if it's got more that the KJV, NKJV, NIV and NLT translations the Hendrickson Parallel has. It sounds similar to the study edition of the NWT. I'll check it out and see if it's something I could use beyond the Hendrickson...
The Dake bible is pretty easy to get anywhere that sells bibles online or in christian book stores. The Dake bible only comes in one translation throughout its entirety but is available in a few various translations. It doesn't have a bunch of translations in one bible. Sorry if I confused earlier in my comments. :)

i was told you should check out the ‘Janome 1600P-QC’, but the 4423 looks like a little beast to me. at 1/5 the price even!
Janomes are pretty darn good! Wouldnt mind having one someday. The 4423, and the othe rmodels in the Heavy Duty line of Consumer grade Singer machines are pretty stout. I really like this one, big step up from the Brother 3817. I used to have a Singer from the 50's or 60's that came in a convertible desk unit.

The Dake bible is pretty easy to get anywhere that sells bibles online or in christian book stores. The Dake bible only comes in one translation throughout its entirety but is available in a few various translations. It doesn't have a bunch of translations in one bible. Sorry if I confused earlier in my comments. :)
Odd, never heard of the Dake Bible. I used to have a YLT version years ago. no idea where it went now.

Burgs is using his Axe FX III running about 56% CPU usage...not sure what this would translate to with the FM9...? Might adapt and cop some of his amp choices I've not heard before...we'll see...
That would be over what the FM9 is capable of since it is essentially 50% of the power of the Axe III. You would need to get that down to around 40% on the Axe III to get it to work on the FM9 since you don't want to go over 80% of the FM9 processor.

That would be over what the FM9 is capable of since it is essentially 50% of the power of the Axe III. You would need to get that down to around 40% on the Axe III to get it to work on the FM9 since you don't want to go over 80% of the FM9 processor.
Actually, CPU usage doesn't translate linearly from Axe III to FM9. TBH, 56% CPU usage in the Axe III is about 72% (just spitballing the estimate) on the FM9. The question you've raised is actually a very good one, which I'll ask on the FAS forum right now.

CPU usage is dependent on what type effects blocks one chooses. For example, a standard delay uses less CPU than their PlexDelay or MultiTap Delay. Huge washes of reverb also use more CPU, but not as significant as delay usually does.

EDIT: The answer to your question isn't something you can provide a blanket response. Because CPU usage in amp, cab and effect blocks vary greatly dependent on the blocks themselves, and how many are implemented, the increase from Axe III to FM9 can vary anywhere from zero to 25%. Sorry if this doesn't provide a definitive answer. The clue may be to simply try experimenting with either FAS device and see what happens. You'll discover quickly enough what each device will tolerate or not.

Last edited:
Gardening and plants. Have a cool garden (for a San Francisco apartment) & tropical greenhouse:
20220304-094311.jpg

20210818-074324.jpg

I love cars and 'enthusiast' driving. Just got a 2015 GTI with an APR Stage 1 tune, making over 300hp/330+torque. Too much fun.

20220825-071836.jpg

I have a ton of translations. I enjoy collecting them. I would bet I have close to 100 total. Many are just NT and not the entire bible. The Fake bible is an annotated reference study bible. It isn't a translation in and of itself. It comes in the typical KJV, NKJV, NAS, NIV translations but next to the scriptures it has notes and all kinds of cross references. Finnis Dake spent his whole life working on it and more. He breaks down greek and hebrew words in their proper context. He breaks down measurements, prophecies, anything you can think of and does so by using other scriptures and connecting things together. He has all kinds of topical lists. If you want to study Angels there is a list with every scripture referring to and about Angels and what they are, etc. There is nothing else like it in the world that I have seen. You can spend a whole day reading and diving into a couple of verses if you want to. I like it because it is bible referenced rather than a commentary. With the stuff yo are currently studying you would have a field day with it. You should check it out!
"Spell check, on isle three please!"

:eek:

D A K E B I B L E

D A K E B I B L E

D A K E B I B L E

D A K E B I B L E

D A K E B I B L E

Actually, CPU usage doesn't translate linearly from Axe III to FM9. TBH, 56% CPU usage in the Axe III is about 72% (just spitballing the estimate) on the FM9. The question you've raised is actually a very good one, which I'll ask on the FAS forum right now.

CPU usage is dependent on what type effects blocks one chooses. For example, a standard delay uses less CPU than their PlexDelay or MultiTap Delay. Huge washes of reverb also use more CPU, but not as significant as delay usually does.

EDIT: The answer to your question isn't something you can provide a blanket response. Because CPU usage in amp, cab and effect blocks vary greatly dependent on the blocks themselves, and how many are implemented, the increase from Axe III to FM9 can vary anywhere from zero to 25%. Sorry if this doesn't provide a definitive answer. The clue may be to simply try experimenting with either FAS device and see what happens. You'll discover quickly enough what each device will tolerate or not.
There is a thread on the Fractal forum where one of the developers put some screenshots of presets on his Axe III and his FM9. It is interesting to look at those. Some had very little difference. A few had about 10% difference and there was one that was a big difference but if I remember correctly the presets were quite different between the two.

EDIT:
The post I was referring to is the one that moerker replied to you with.

Last edited:
Check it out. It is awesome for studying.
I definitely will. I used to have several translations, along with Apocryphal texts, some Zoroaster material...I think I had a book of Urantia, maybe not. I know I had a PDF of it, or some digital copy.

On the religious/spiritual literature shelf these days, I have various Dao and Buddhist philosophical works, Tao Te Ching, works by Tich Nhat Hanh (Fragrant Palm Leaves, etc), various works by Eckhart Tolle...thats all I can recall atm.

Back