What Else Are You Into? Let's Talk

not laughing, faux fur is hard and that looks professionally made. was asked to ask what machines you use?
Believe it or not....that one in the photo was handstitched. These days, I use a Singer 4423. I was using Brother machines for a couple years, but eventually they bit the dust.

Um, a bit late to the gathering, but, computer, studying the Bible, practicing guitar and creating FM9 presets, vegetable gardening, baking pies and cookies, cooking, iPhone photography, small build projects, reading, listening to my Music library, maintenance and cleaning...
Is there a particular aspect of bible study you are into? Photography is cool, I would like to get into it more but fear it would consume me and cut into my gear buying problem. :) What type of small build projects do you do?

Apparently I grow bumblebee food and dragonfly food.
And mosquito repellent.
We do too, along with water lilies and goldfish, in a decidedly under-sized pond that I built; plus pear and plum trees. It's not a big garden, but by 'eck, it's got a lot growing in and around it.

Grass, not so much this year. There's a lot of dead brown "matting" on the ground, however. Never thought this would or even could happen in the UK..... everyone knows how much rain we (used to) get here, after all :(

What else? Wine, principally: better quality, less often is how we do it these days; and often in the garden these past months, under the shade of an old (and rather infirm) apple tree.

“Undisclosed” or Mar-a-Lago? :p
I actually live pretty close to there.
Uno causes fights in our house.
We have Uno on our Nintendo Switches. My wife and I play it all the time. It has some very interesting decks you can use that have special abilities to them. You can play against people online too. We spend too much time on that game.

Believe it or not....that one in the photo was handstitched. These days, I use a Singer 4423. I was using Brother machines for a couple years, but eventually they bit the dust.
i was told you should check out the ‘Janome 1600P-QC’, but the 4423 looks like a little beast to me. at 1/5 the price even!

Without hopefully seeming too self serving, I'm into a lot of stuff. Been in private business in one form or another all my working life. I started very young, early teens and worked my way through highschool rather than pursue a more scholarly life or career. All independent, no corporate or government entities.
Most of you that know me some in my short time here, know I'm a motorcycle fanatic, have been since I was a kid. Only been without a bike once in my life since I was 14 and it was the longest 6 months of my existence. We travel/holiday on a Goldwing, and I still run my race prepped RC51 on racetracks. For how much longer I don't know, racing after 65 isn't the most common thing to do.
I dig airplanes, flew commercially and had my own bug smasher for personal use. Flew piston singles and twins in and out of remote fields for freight and crew changes, light duty charter stuff mostly. Flying can be em, challenging, and it wasn't without it's butt clenchers due to weather and mechanical issues. Came to the realization that unless I ended up on a gig with one of the major airlines I'd starve to death. Kinda like being a musician LOL.
Been involved with martial arts since I was in school, have taught karate, judo and aikido since the early '90s, hold a 5th dan in Shorinjiryu, and also study the Japanese sword arts of kendo, kenjutsu and iaido. I hunt and fish, enjoy camping and just generally love the outdoor life. I suppose that's why I live in the sticks and avoid urban areas like the plague. I often get along with or identify better with wild animals more than certain kinds of people (the category dumbarse fits here); at least bears, wolves and foraging ruminants don't lie to your face. I work with my hands a lot, building and household repairs (necessity when you live rural) although I'm no master tradesman there, I do get it done effectively enough.
I'm actually a meat cutter by trade, ran my own store for 3 decades, and I still do as much of my own cutting and processing as I can.
My wife and I are avid scuba divers, been doing that since the mid 80'sand have been to many world locations specifically for diving. Had some amazing experiences and one rather nerve wracking adventure in Australia (long story) but I survived thanks to proper training and procedures.

I'm not much of a guitar mechanic, yet anyway, but I'm getting there slowly. Again, necessity often dictates. Now that I am starting my retirement in a couple months time, I plan to spend most of my leisure time devoted to music, not professionally or anything, maybe some fun jams with friends and simple gatherings; garage band stuff. Just hoping to enjoy playing more and if I can bring a little joy to others in the process, that would be a bonus.

Is there a particular aspect of bible study you are into? Photography is cool, I would like to get into it more but fear it would consume me and cut into my gear buying problem. :) What type of small build projects do you do?
TBH, study is very much in depth...learning about not just the common things you might (or might not) hear in church, but deeper things involving personal qualities, history, prophecy, promises for the future, etc. As of this writing, we were studying about the building of God's temple during Solomon's reign, and later restoration of the temple after the Jewish exile in Babylon.

I'd really enjoy photography more with a better camera, but my finances have not allowed that yet. Currently, I have a casual appreciation for good photography, and collect images posted in search engines involving guitars, amps, musicians, images of earth and the heavens, and a variety of landscapes, ranging from fields, forests, mountains, deserts, lakes, riverbanks, sunrises, sunsets, beaches, flowers, roads, trains, undersea, waterfalls, and winter scenes. That's about the extent of my internet photo collecting.

My current build project kind of echoes what we're studying...I own a Temple Audio effects board that houses a homemade circuit box that a friend helped machine and install. My concern was that the circuit box was wired correctly, but there is still the hazard for shorting and/or electrocution, if the electrical tape might unravel from the wiring.

Because I often work in accordance with what I study, I saved some cash and thought to install a safer and improved power supply for the effects board...a Furman AC-215A power conditioner/surge protector with 2 AC outlets, just enough to power my 2 main effects units on my board.

The Furman would be comparable to restoring "safer walls" in the temple. I know it sounds a little wacky, but it's just how I work sometimes...the build project will hopefully be completed soon...perhaps early next week...

TBH, study is very much in depth...learning about not just the common things you might (or might not) hear in church, but deeper things involving personal qualities, history, prophecy, promises for the future, etc. As of this writing, we were studying about the building of God's temple during Solomon's reign, and later restoration of the temple after the Jewish exile in Babylon.

I'd really enjoy photography more with a better camera, but my finances have not allowed that yet. Currently, I have a casual appreciation for good photography, and collect images posted in search engines involving guitars, amps, musicians, images of earth and the heavens, and a variety of landscapes, ranging from fields, forests, mountains, deserts, lakes, riverbanks, sunrises, sunsets, beaches, flowers, roads, trains, undersea, waterfalls, and winter scenes. That's about the extent of my internet photo collecting.

My current build project kind of echoes what we're studying...I own a Temple Audio effects board that houses a homemade circuit box that a friend helped machine and install. My concern was that the circuit box was wired correctly, but there is still the hazard for shorting and/or electrocution, if the electrical tape might unravel from the wiring.

Because I often work in accordance with what I study, I saved some cash and thought to install a safer and improved power supply for the effects board...a Furman AC-215A power conditioner/surge protector with 2 AC outlets, just enough to power my 2 main effects units on my board.

The Furman would be comparable to restoring "safer walls" in the temple. I know it sounds a little wacky, but it's just how I work sometimes...the build project will hopefully be completed soon...perhaps early next week...
Do you have a Dake Bible? Great study resource! Your build projects sound fun.

Without hopefully seeming too self serving, I'm into a lot of stuff. Been in private business in one form or another all my working life. I started very young, early teens and worked my way through highschool rather than pursue a more scholarly life or career. All independent, no corporate or government entities.
Most of you that know me some in my short time here, know I'm a motorcycle fanatic, have been since I was a kid. Only been without a bike once in my life since I was 14 and it was the longest 6 months of my existence. We travel/holiday on a Goldwing, and I still run my race prepped RC51 on racetracks. For how much longer I don't know, racing after 65 isn't the most common thing to do.
I dig airplanes, flew commercially and had my own bug smasher for personal use. Flew piston singles and twins in and out of remote fields for freight and crew changes, light duty charter stuff mostly. Flying can be em, challenging, and it wasn't without it's butt clenchers due to weather and mechanical issues. Came to the realization that unless I ended up on a gig with one of the major airlines I'd starve to death. Kinda like being a musician LOL.
Been involved with martial arts since I was in school, have taught karate, judo and aikido since the early '90s, hold a 5th dan in Shorinjiryu, and also study the Japanese sword arts of kendo, kenjutsu and iaido. I hunt and fish, enjoy camping and just generally love the outdoor life. I suppose that's why I live in the sticks and avoid urban areas like the plague. I often get along with or identify better with wild animals more than certain kinds of people (the category dumbarse fits here); at least bears, wolves and foraging ruminants don't lie to your face. I work with my hands a lot, building and household repairs (necessity when you live rural) although I'm no master tradesman there, I do get it done effectively enough.
I'm actually a meat cutter by trade, ran my own store for 3 decades, and I still do as much of my own cutting and processing as I can.
My wife and I are avid scuba divers, been doing that since the mid 80'sand have been to many world locations specifically for diving. Had some amazing experiences and one rather nerve wracking adventure in Australia (long story) but I survived thanks to proper training and procedures.

I'm not much of a guitar mechanic, yet anyway, but I'm getting there slowly. Again, necessity often dictates. Now that I am starting my retirement in a couple months time, I plan to spend most of my leisure time devoted to music, not professionally or anything, maybe some fun jams with friends and simple gatherings; garage band stuff. Just hoping to enjoy playing more and if I can bring a little joy to others in the process, that would be a bonus.
got any pics of the meat shop?

I have two words for you....Nicky Hayden \m/ :)

Have not heard of that translation. Most I've got for various translations are a Hendrickson Parallel Bible which contains 4 separate translations. I also use a 3rd-party Windows-based Bible research library app (which requires a compatibility subscription Crossover app which allows Windows apps to work with Mac) for my personal study and meeting comments. In some cases, it feels a bit stodgy, other times, it's very enjoyable, depending on the subject matter.

Regards the build project, we'll be removing the existing circuit box from the FX board undercarriage, and replacing it with the power conditioner. IMHO, it may be a tight fit, knowing we've got limited space under the board where things can be attached, but I'll spec it out before doing any of the work. My friend who did the original circuit box build/install wasn't unhappy at all that I chose to upgrade, and was in fact pleased that I thought to include him in this project again. We'll make an afternoon of it, and then enjoy a dinner together as a thanks for his efforts.

Have not heard of that translation. Most I've got for various translations are a Hendrickson Parallel Bible which contains 4 separate translations. I also use a 3rd-party Windows-based Bible research library app (which requires a compatibility subscription Crossover app which allows Windows apps to work with Mac) for my personal study and meeting comments. In some cases, it feels a bit stodgy, other times, it's very enjoyable, depending on the subject matter.

Regards the build project, we'll be removing the existing circuit box from the FX board undercarriage, and replacing it with the power conditioner. IMHO, it may be a tight fit, knowing we've got limited space under the board where things can be attached, but I'll spec it out before doing any of the work. My friend who did the original circuit box build/install wasn't unhappy at all that I chose to upgrade, and was in fact pleased that I thought to include him in this project again. We'll make an afternoon of it, and then enjoy a dinner together as a thanks for his efforts.
I have a ton of translations. I enjoy collecting them. I would bet I have close to 100 total. Many are just NT and not the entire bible. The Dake bible is an annotated reference study bible. It isn't a translation in and of itself. It comes in the typical KJV, NKJV, NAS, NIV translations but next to the scriptures it has notes and all kinds of cross references. Finnis Dake spent his whole life working on it and more. He breaks down greek and hebrew words in their proper context. He breaks down measurements, prophecies, anything you can think of and does so by using other scriptures and connecting things together. He has all kinds of topical lists. If you want to study Angels there is a list with every scripture referring to and about Angels and what they are, etc. There is nothing else like it in the world that I have seen. You can spend a whole day reading and diving into a couple of verses if you want to. I like it because it is bible referenced rather than a commentary. With the stuff yo are currently studying you would have a field day with it. You should check it out!

Last edited:
I have a ton of translations. I enjoy collecting them. I would bet I have close to 100 total. Many are just NT and not the entire bible. The Dake bible is an annotated reference study bible. It isn't a translation in and of itself. It comes in the typical KJV, NKJV, NAS, NIV translations but next to the scriptures it has notes and all kinds of cross references. Finnis Dake spent his whole life working on it and more. He breaks down greek and hebrew words in their proper context. He breaks down measurements, prophecies, anything you can think of and does so by using other scriptures and connecting things together. He has all kinds of topical lists. If you want to study Angels there is a list with every scripture referring to and about Angels and what they are, etc. There is nothing else like it in the world that I have seen. You can spend a whole day reading and diving into a couple of verses if you want to. I like it because it is bible referenced rather than a commentary. With the stuff yo are currently studying you would have a field day with it. You should check it out!
Sounds compelling! Is the Dake Bible offered on amazon? Might need to check it out, if it's got more that the KJV, NKJV, NIV and NLT translations the Hendrickson Parallel has. It sounds similar to the study edition of the NWT. I'll check it out and see if it's something I could use beyond the Hendrickson...

Some of my additional "builds" include building virtual rigs with my Fractal FM9. The difficult part is sampling the factory presets and hearing how they differ, then copying the choice portions of the presets and building your own rigs. There are many guitarists on YT that have built their presets a certain way, and it's enjoyable listening to how each guitarist has provided their own take on what pleases them.

For example, I'm currently listening to Brett Kingman offer his take on a "kitchen sink" preset that just about covers anything you might ever need from one preset. He's got a JTM45, an SLP1959, a Tweed something or other, and a "D" ODS-100 Ford.

Burgs is using his Axe FX III running about 56% CPU usage...not sure what this would translate to with the FM9...? Might adapt and cop some of his amp choices I've not heard before...we'll see...

Back