What Else Are You Into? Let's Talk

I think I've told this story before here. If so, sorry...

About 5 years ago, my wife was making pepper relish one night. She has a bunch of fresh picked peppers in the sink, washed them, and started chopping them up. She had done this many times before, but forgot to wear rubber gloves.

When I got home from work, she was sitting on the edge of the bathtub crying. She had both hands under the water and water on full cold. Her hands were blood red. They were burning so bad she couldn't take them out from under the cold water or it was hurting so bad she was crying.

It was really wild... her hands were just blood red. It took over an hour, and she finally was able to sit in the living room with ice packs on both hands and after a couple hours, they finally cooled down. She tried everything she could find... milk, vinegar, something else she read online would help. Nothing did... pour girl was hurting! And she has since laughed about it, but trust me, she'll NEVER make that mistake again.
One thing I have found that cuts heat fast for me is sour cream. However, I have never tried it on my skin to see if it works as a topical.

I got into hot foods pretty young (like 10). Nashville has been fairly convenient for over the top hot chicken. I went through a phase of trying all the local family places to find the best.

I've grown several types of peppers and had some hybrid from proximity.

This year was a bit of a disappointment as my habaneros didn't make it and my serranos aren't remotely hot.

Does anyone play board or card games? A favorite of ours is Dominion. It’s a medieval-themed deck building/strategy game.
My wife and I used to play magic the gathering with another couple years ago. We loved it. I don't know anyone in my area that plays these types of card games or we would probably buy the cards and start playing.

Golf...

Sporting Clays (which has suffered due to my increase in playing golf...)

Golf... Did I mention I'm playing the best golf of my life?

Target shooting (High Power and handgun...) Thinking of trying some "3-Gun Matches"...

Golf (when I'm at the undisclosed location on FL, I get to play 3-5 Xs/week...)

I want to try Fly Fishing, but I'm terrified to give it a go... My "anything worth doing is worth overdoing" gene could be a $$$ issue... Not sure if $800 will get me a custom fly rod/reel... ;)

Did I mention Golf?

Golf...

Sporting Clays (which has suffered due to my increase in playing golf...)

Golf... Did I mention I'm playing the best golf of my life?

Target shooting (High Power and handgun...) Thinking of trying some "3-Gun Matches"...

Golf (when I'm at the undisclosed location on FL, I get to play 3-5 Xs/week...)

I want to try Fly Fishing, but I'm terrified to give it a go... My "anything worth doing is worth overdoing" gene could be a $$$ issue... Not sure if $800 will get me a custom fly rod/reel... ;)

Did I mention Golf?
“Undisclosed” or Mar-a-Lago? :p

Back