What don't you like about PRS guitars?

Small world! Were you at the A Sharp one? We probably met. :)
Here is the thread, the date was June the 24th at A Sharp Music.
http://prsguitars.com/forum/showthread.php?5431-PRS-Meet-amp-Greet-Local-Dealer-4-24-2013

I just realized the folder for my pics and also the thread title state it was April the 24th.
Man, the next day when I made that thread and the folder for my pics I dated it two months prior.
Was just looking at it and I did not get my 408 until late May, so no way could it have been in April since I took my 408 to the shindig.

We were sitting on the far left about half way back.

I think overall the move from rotaries to blade switches is a good thing, but I don't love the location. It feels like I have to reach way around behind the trem bar to get to the switch.

And as soon as I bring a new PRS into the house, I take off those horrid oversized strap buttons and install straplocks.

I dislike that they make too many awesome products and it gives me such GAS! On a real note, I would really like to see a production 7-string with direct mounted pickups. Also would be cool if PRS expanded horizons a little bit and got into neck-through guitars.

I think overall the move from rotaries to blade switches is a good thing, but I don't love the location. It feels like I have to reach way around behind the trem bar to get to the switch.

I agree. The blade switch seems to be in an awkward position, especially when you have your trem bar on the bridge.

And as soon as I bring a new PRS into the house, I take off those horrid oversized strap buttons and install straplocks.

Respectfully disagree. I've had straplocks let go of my guitar before and I'll never use them again. I like the oversized strap button on the front cutaway.

Respectfully disagree. I've had straplocks let go of my guitar before and I'll never use them again. I like the oversized strap button on the front cutaway.

+1

Considering how bonehead simple it is to put your own choice of strap locks on, and that there are several brands on the market (and people will never agree which one's the best), the current buttons are a great thing!

Plus I really dislike strap locks...

Like Superman once said, " It's still the safest way to travel". The chances of my guitar hitting the floor are a lot less likely.

I like the oversized strap button on the front cutaway.

+1 as well. I used to use the cheap plastic strap-lock, it looks a bit like a soda can ring, only very much bigger in size. But that was because the soft leather strap was so worn that it slides right out from the huge strap button! After slapping on a new strap, I can't find a reason to put the strap lock back on.

+1

Considering how bonehead simple it is to put your own choice of strap locks on, and that there are several brands on the market (and people will never agree which one's the best), the current buttons are a great thing!

Plus I really dislike strap locks...

Plus 2: The big buttons are like having built in strap locks! (I feel like I am becoming a "yes man" for Les. :eek: )

I love everything about my three PRS guitars except for the bird at the 21st fret of my SE Tremonti. It looks too much like a running cat towards the high e. There... I found something to not like.
PRSTRVC-df8760c1fc11dc2c3ce145c9e133fefd.jpg

This only pertains to SE models as I've not seen them on any of the core-line stuff, but dear God, PLEASE, stop with the zebra pickups.

I love everything about my three PRS guitars except for the bird at the 21st fret of my SE Tremonti. It looks too much like a running cat towards the high e. There... I found something to not like.]

Heh! I think I heard PRSh say that one time somebody asked him why there was a turtle on the 21st fret!

This only pertains to SE models as I've not seen them on any of the core-line stuff, but dear God, PLEASE, stop with the zebra pickups.

You just reminded me of the first reason why I wanted to change my SE's pickups! Not that zebras look ugly or what, but I'd take black bobbins over zebra any day of the week.

I love PRS guitars, so the list of things I like is much longer than the list of things I'm not so crazy about. But here's my wish list, offered in the spirit of "constant improvement":

4.) On some of the guitars that do have blade switches (like the P22), the switch is in the wrong place. For me, it should be where a Stratocaster's blade switch is, although YMMV. The blade switch on my P22 in essentially "under" the volume/tone controls when in playing position, and that makes it hard to get to in a hurry, which is frequently how I need it.

I agree about the position of the blade on some models...not very easy to get at.

I love everything about my three PRS guitars except for the bird at the 21st fret of my SE Tremonti. It looks too much like a running cat towards the high e. There... I found something to not like.
PRSTRVC-df8760c1fc11dc2c3ce145c9e133fefd.jpg

That's my favorite cat…. err bird…. of them all!

MEOW!

Now i have GAS for one with ALL cats.

Back