What do you think of this top?

Really? I would be dying if it were me.

I love everything about this one. The pores kinda poking through the clear.. Is it Nitro? The sinking on the top and the overall old-school vibe makes it a really badass guitar in my mind. That guitar belongs with you, buddy.

I am, and I love it for all the same reasons. Just taking it one day at a time and hoping it happens.

I have this guitar. Bought at GC in 2016. My research through PRS cust service revealed it was a special run made exclusively for GC. It was actually produced for GC and did not include a gig bag at the time.

I have this guitar. Bought at GC in 2016. My research through PRS cust service revealed it was a special run made exclusively for GC. It was actually produced for GC and did not include a gig bag at the time.

I think this one comes with a hard shell case ;)

Phil when is this going to arrive?

If it's coming from Japan, it'll take longer than anything else you've ever ordered, but will seem faster than you anticipated.

So, anywhere between a week and two months.

Also, am I the only person who thinks of this every time I read that subject line?
Or this:
Or this:
...?

I did receive this guitar about two weeks ago. I'm really glad I followed my instincts on this one. Something I didn't realize before is that the retro models have thicker backs that usual Santana models and a less pronounced belly carve. This one winds up being a more perfect Golden Eagle for me as I prefer the carve of the Santana and dislike the binding and ebony HS veneer on the Leese models. The sounds is glorious, really fat and sparkling with a touch of honk in the midrange and some upper mid bark like a certain style of guitars designed in the 50s. Some of the other guitars are getting a little jealous and nervous :). I didn't realize until I saw this one in person that the top is probably quilted maple not flame maple, at least it is definitely flat sawn. I'll try to get some of my own pics up this weekend.

Happy Fourth to all

I did receive this guitar about two weeks ago. I'm really glad I followed my instincts on this one. Something I didn't realize before is that the retro models have thicker backs that usual Santana models and a less pronounced belly carve. This one winds up being a more perfect Golden Eagle for me as I prefer the carve of the Santana and dislike the binding and ebony HS veneer on the Leese models. The sounds is glorious, really fat and sparkling with a touch of honk in the midrange and some upper mid bark like a certain style of guitars designed in the 50s. Some of the other guitars are getting a little jealous and nervous :). I didn't realize until I saw this one in person that the top is probably quilted maple not flame maple, at least it is definitely flat sawn. I'll try to get some of my own pics up this weekend.

Happy Fourth to all
Two weeks! And you left us hangin' all this time?! Super glad it's all it looked to be!

C'mon, you know I'm being overly dramatic. :p I'm so psyched for you!!! I got my finger poised over the Bangin'! button.

I know! I would actually like to share some pics, and bummed I can't cause my phone totally died, and I should have taken some by now. You would love everything (almost) about this model. Other than the missing wings ( thank you Paul) its like having a time machine and going back and having Paul make you one. It sounds very different from other Santanas I own/have owned...very phat. When you make it to Boston, you gotta come over and check it out. I am going to start the petition to start making the core ones similar ;)

Back