What do you think of this top?

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
I dig it because it's unique! I was the kid wearing Hawaiian print Vans in High school when the checkerboards were the rage. I think it looks like a negative of itself. Pretty cool!

CatStrangler

PRS Enthusiast
Hit the nail on the head. I'd pick that over a standard looking 10-top just for that reason, My first PRS CU22 was unique that way and I regret selling it to this day.

Oh I would pick it up over a 10 top too, especially if I could get the 10 top price :)

Tosca

Zombie 10, DFZ
Agree with all of the above...plus being on a Santana makes any top more Awesomer.

G-Man

Sorry but I really do not like it. I love it! That is the kind of top that you will shift in the light 500 different ways and get a different look each time. Fab. I also love the Santana body style almost as much as the traditional so I am probably have a small bias.

CatStrangler

PRS Enthusiast
I have written in for some more info on this one.

I might be dodging a bullet here or taking one...not sure which, but I don't think the dealer can ship this one to the USA.

Last edited:

ViperDoc

Plugged In.
It's WIDE and it's WILD. A winning combo. When the flame looks that good on such a low contrast finish, the maple is prime.

Dusty Chalk

alberngruppenführer
I like it because it has character. I don't always like tops with character -- sometimes they look like they have that kind of birthmark that screams, "I hate it when people ask me about my birthmark" -- but then sometimes they look like this. This is right up there with my favourite top I own, my swirly 30th anniversary.

jay

Happy Member
I like this top a lot, I think it's classy.
It's very unusual without being weird and it sits nicely between flame and quilt.

Dusty Chalk

alberngruppenführer
I'm pretty sure that since it was made in the USA, US Customs would be happy to let it come back.
Yup, I bought a Wood Library from Japan -- as long as they mark it "returning to country of origin" on the forms, which mine did, there should be no problem. I wasn't even contacted by customs, so had no 'splainin' to do.