What do you think is the best song ever..

Usually for me, the best song ever is the last one I completed ("Time Ain't Got No Grave" written Dec 3, 2021)! But if I had to choose from other earthlings musical productions, I would have to go with "Apostrophe" by Frank Zappa (it is so good, they named an album after it)!! Without any lyrics to clutter the message, it is simply an onslaught of guitar from beginning to end!!! As Ziggy Stardust would say "To be played at maximum volume!"!!!!

But, that's like, just, my opinion, man!

That is probably the most difficult question to answer that there is. It's objective, subjective, convoluted, direct, subtle, brash, weird, and wonderful all rolled into one. Which genre? Popular, rock, classical, country, big band, blues, orchestral, instrumental, vocal...? Answer is almost as varied as the diversity of life on this rock of ours.
My choice (for now): Funeral For A Friend/Love Lies Bleeding Elton John
...and that will likely change as soon as I hit "post reply"...

Cross road blues ( crossroads) Robert Johnson,this is the first song that really got me into the blues,followed by blind Willie Johnson gospel blues

"I saw God man..."
Em, just how do you play a song backwards...? I never did figure that out haha
You can with digital audio editors easily now. On turntables most would allow you to rotate it backwards like a DJ would do to cue up a record.

I have been listening to UFO and Pat Travers for about 40 years and do not get tired of them ever.

I might pick "Rock Bottom" off the Strangers in the Night album as the GOAT!
Pat Travers is so amazing. I listen to him for inspiration. I never tire of him either.

I’m a big DT fan, but…………..James LeBrie. :confused: He’s ok, but he is the weak link. Everybody else is the top of the game. I’d love to hear this band with Dino J behind the mic.

And speaking of which, this has to be right up there. I loved the original, but this cover blows it away. Dino Jelusick AND Mike Portnoy!!!

Last edited:
And speaking of which, this has to be right up there. I loved the original, but this cover blows it away. Dino Jelusick AND Mike Portnoy.

Thanks for sharing, that's smokin'!!!!!!!

Back