What do you think is the best song ever..

I've listened to this album almost every day since it was released, it's an old friend, and arguably one of the best albums ever released.

Come at me! :D

Come at me!
When that album came out, I liked it like most people did. But they played multiple songs from it on the radio CONSTANTLY. Then, the guy that lived in the apartment below us used to play it ALL THE TIME! He'd literally play it every single night, AND, every time he'd leave the house he'd take the cassette and put it in his car, and every time you'd see him up town, that was playing. Within a year, I was sick of it and to this day immediately turn of most of the songs if they come on the radio. In fact, I had the record and gave it away about a year after it came out.

I guess the combination of them going a couple steps more "pop-ish" with that album, and hearing it every single day was enough to completely burn me out on it.

giphy.gif

Another favorite of mine, which also happens to have one of the most amazing videos ever - all the animation was done mechanically, no CGI used at all.

The best song in the world is the one that at the right time gave us the emotion we were looking for.

For me, a song is a journey through time and reminds me of such and such a thing.

There are so many songs that deserve this title and that's why my passion for the guitar is always so present!

otherwise, Jimi Hendrix's voodoo child,
Steve Vai, for the love of god
Neil Diamon, hello again.... And....

Crap...Layla...Time (Floyd), ... But just 1??? C'mon, man...

Gotta go with the old tester when I set up any new sound system....
Spirit of Radio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (all day and a bag of Sundays!!!)
2112 a close second...

Similar to Layla...both have loads of different textures.

I'm not that convinced of my own answer. Best?? Of All Time? I dunno. But it is close. It's my answer for this morningo_O

“The Times They Are A-Changing” by Bob Dylan comes to mind. Seems to be a song that’s always relevant to a new degree and has been performed by so many great artists (Chris Cornell, Bruce Springsteen, Tracy Chapman, Eddie Vedder, John Mayer, Carly Simon, James Taylor, the list goes on).

Back