What do you do...............

88prs

OCD for PRS
What do you do when you want a new PRS so bad since it's been quite a while, and you want a core DGT or Pauls, but the funds just aren't there and the certainty of a stable economy and gainful employment just aren't there anymore either...... going crazy!

I have eyes on an awesome DGT and a Paul's,,, about the same price but... yikes!

RickP

Established 1960, Still Not Dead
Debt has become the enemy in my home, and living debt free has been a wonderful experience over the last several years. I’m also one who always loves to see someone excited over a new guitar (especially when that someone is me!). While there is no shortage of things to want, I find that I much more enjoy things when I’m not making payments on, or scraping to find money to pay for, them. That holds for any economy/national outlook. Quadruple so for right now.

Enjoy what you have, maybe sell some to get some... anything but lashing yourself to the debt anchor.

bodia

Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved
I hear your concerns, and share your pain. IF you are confident that you will be able to keep you income stream, I MIGHT say look into somewhere with a 0% financing deal. If you're concerned about your job, I'd start squirreling your pennies and jump at a later date.

Serious Poo

Shoegazing Member
What do you do when you want a new PRS so bad since it's been quite a while, and you want a core DGT or Pauls, but the funds just aren't there and the certainty of a stable economy and gainful employment just aren't there anymore either...... going crazy!

I have eyes on an awesome DGT and a Paul's,,, about the same price but... yikes!
  • Clearly define what I want & what I don't.
  • Create searches on eBay and Reverb.
  • Wait.
  • Pounce.
Works for me.

tabl10s

To get my mint Modern Eagle, I sold my two-week old HBII to a forum member and PayPal'd the rest. To get the Brazilian 408, I sold the WL w/Crackwood and PayPal'd the rest.

Ya gotta give to get!

CandidPicker

Building with Fireproof Materials
Forward Thinking Long-Term:
1. Make a plan.
2. Calculate the cost.
3. Save for the future.

Or Immediate Gratification:
1. Calculate the cost.
2. Sell to meet costs slightly below your price.
3. Cover remaining costs with savings.

0X51o8a.jpg

Last edited:

ScottR

If nobody saw it, it didn't happen.
We are living in the same world (along with many others these days).
I'm saving for a DGT myself. At my current pace I'm at least 12-14 months away from getting exactly what I want.

The wife finally landed a great job a few months back. It's so tempting to dive in and just finance the remaining couple of grand I still need...but I'm not going to. Not only would my wife kill me, but like @RickP said...it makes it soooo much less enjoyable.
Especially knowing that I would have added a significant debt from having literally no debt like we curently are enjoying. It took years to get to this place, and there is just no way I could enjoy it as much as I will knowing it's all mine and I didn't have a payment looming over me every month.

Ultimately, its on you bro. As much as I love to see all you guys getting new gear and coveting it, I can't in good conscience egg someone else to do something that I can't just so I can live vicariously thru them.

Dang...I just proof read what I wrote before posting it...I think I'm finally a responsible adult after all these years...huh...who knew.:D