What do you do when you like what you don't like?

JustRob

Zombie Six, DFZ
After listening to the S2 demos of all 3 models I've found the tone of the Starla most appealing. Only issue is, I've never really been a big fan of the Starla look.

Anyone else ever find themselves with these mixed feelings? What did you do and how did it work out?

Can you mod it's aesthetic so it works for you?

I'm with veinbuster. Though LS has a gold point.

I'm with ya. Always ruled out the Starla due to the short scale, single cutaway and the Bigsby. With the scale length no longer an issue, and the fact that it seems to sound insanely good, I may have to try one out some day.

Never been a fan of a Bigsby until I ran across the SE Semi-Hollow limited run.

This thing rocks!
7d62caa4bd653bfa26f836cc26be0810.jpg

Now just trying to decide what pickups to put in it.

Thanks Les . That's why I'm looking at amps, hollow bodies and 513's too. So many PRS options to choose from.

I know! And everything they make has gotten so freakin' cool that it's hard to know where to begin!

But in all seriousness, I was mighty impressed with that Starla vid, too. It'd be a very tasty guitar to have on hand, wouldn't it?

It'd be a very tasty guitar to have on hand, wouldn't it?

I'm definitely going to have to hold one now to find out how if feels. I've always loved the look and tone of a Tele, until I pick up those boards with a neck on them. Just not comfortable no matter how much I want to like it. Maybe the Starla is the opposite.

Anyone know if the Starla pickups carry that tone over to different body styles? Just in case.

After listening to the S2 demos of all 3 models I've found the tone of the Starla most appealing. Only issue is, I've never really been a big fan of the Starla look.

Anyone else ever find themselves with these mixed feelings? What did you do and how did it work out?
Yup, its happened to me quite a few times, and once I took a shot and purchased one like that, I came to see the beauty. While I own a Starla and seriously dig the cool, uber-retro look, I used to despise the look of Strats.....that is, until I played and bought one that floored me, and now view it as a thing of extreme beauty. Conversely, I dated a gorgeous model for a while, and by the end of the relationship any apparent physical beauty had all but vanished in my eyes as I realized that I truly did not like who she was.

Back