What do you do.... Silver Sky dilemma

As noted in a separate thread, I'm so sick of my other guitarists/singer's gear that I'm loaning hm my HB spruce in an attempt to get him to recognize that his stuff is holding him back.

I just had to intonate his f@cking Ibanez... it wasn't that hard but, sh!t... I'm getting tired of fixing/maintaining his crap. What's next. Do I gotta go mow his lawn and go down on his wife?

See, here's the thing, it doesn't have to be a PRS (even though anyone with any brains would come to that conclusion) but when you buy a nice guitar, or a well designed one at least, you don't have to think about your gear as part of the "suck equation". You get to move on with your life and mostly just play the damn guitar.

And why in this day and time would anybody make a f@cking guitar where you can knock the thing out of intonation by wiping your f@cking guitar down with a rag?!?! Sorry for the swearing but.... I'm trying to raise a good boy here, and how am I supposed to do that if he grows up seeing an Ibanez case in our home? I may as well let him live in a house with linoleum flooring.

To clarify, My friend of 40 years is the other guitar player. He would happily loan me anything as well.
There is no danger of him commandeering/absconding with the Silver Sky.
Funny thing is, he'll happily pay many thousands for a boutique rowboat from Europe, yet invest little in his guitars.
To each his own though.
He plays Ibanez, and a Parker Fly mostly. Not sure what model of Ibanez, but it has very hot humbuckers in it.

Sounds like a dude who might be interested in an SE of some sort, then.

Either way I'm gonna need a shower and a nap.

tenor.gif

Somehow I picture you walking in with the Vela and Mr Clean.
I wouldn’t consider either to be a backup though.
You are quite the swamie, Pete...accurate as usual. I’m just as comfortable trusting my SE245, too, with help from improvements courtesy of Mr. Mann.

If Dave took his SE One and a loud amp, he'd probably have trouble keeping ahold of that one, too.

What's next. Do I gotta go mow his lawn and go down on his wife?

a) What’s his wife like?

b) If the answer to question (a) is “pretty awesome,” that might be more fun than fixing his guitar.

Just sayin’.

Forget about the lawn thing altogether.

Back