What do you think about the current Santana SE double cutaway?

Rod/

Vibrato & String Bender
I like that fact that the neck has no binding and is all mahogany as opposed to maple (for tonal reasons). I also like that fact that the bridge pickup is further away from the bridge than the Core version. After purchasing a Core Wood Library DGT last fall, I couldn’t justify nor afford a Core Santana. Hoping the SE version will be close enough.and it’s 7.5 lbs…. What are the pickups like? John Mann’sGuitar Vault is having a 15% off sale on everything till midnight tonight. I couldn’t resist…

I like that fact that the neck has no binding and is all mahogany as opposed to maple (for tonal reasons). I also like that fact that the bridge pickup is further away from the bridge than the Core version. After purchasing a Core Wood Library DGT last fall, I couldn’t justify nor afford a Core Santana. Hoping the SE version will be close enough.and it’s 7.5 lbs…. What are the pickups like? John Mann’sGuitar Vault is having a 15% off sale on everything till midnight tonight. I couldn’t resist…
Nice! Great grab.

Unless I missed something, there’s nothing “new” about the SE Santana besides the graphic?

But yeah, they’re okay. I own one of the all mahogany limited edition guitars:

This was right before they switched from WMI to Cort, and comes with the same 85/15s pickups. I didn’t like ‘em and swapped them out, too bright for me, so I would imagine I wouldn’t like them any more with a maple top.

I am in no way unsympathetic to how expensive guitars can be but.. Justifying buying a Core Santana is the easiest thing in the world once it’s in your hands.

If you end up loving the Santana platform, your life is divided into two parts: Life before a Santana when you didn’t know anything , and then living your best life.

I am in no way unsympathetic to how expensive guitars can be but.. Justifying buying a Core Santana is the easiest thing in the world once it’s in your hands.

If you end up loving the Santana platform, your life is divided into two parts: Life before a Santana when you didn’t know anything , and then living your best life.
Completely agree. I had NO intention on going all in on the Santana, until I played one. Done deal.

Unless I missed something, there’s nothing “new” about the SE Santana besides the graphic?

But yeah, they’re okay. I own one of the all mahogany limited edition guitars:

This was right before they switched from WMI to Cort, and comes with the same 85/15s pickups. I didn’t like ‘em and swapped them out, too bright for me, so I would imagine I wouldn’t like them any more with a maple top.

I should reword the thread to current instead of new…

Back