What do y'all do for a living?

I manage the technical department for a telecommunications company. We do VOIP and traditional phone systems for business and industry.
Also living in Vancouver I duck the fog.

For my latest get rich quick scheme I started up a forum website called Luddism.com, for people who hate computers...................... ................it's been up there for a few months........... ......nobody has joined yet................. ...........................can't figure out why.

electrical engineer. I design the small stuff (microprocessors and DSP), not the big stuff (motors and power lines).

Process Engineer. I take the small stuff like what Kred makes (amplifiers and filters about the size of the nail on your pinky) and I put plastic around them to protect them and make the connections so they can talk to the other stuff in your cell phone.

Marine Engineer, anything that does something on a boat, we're responsible for it. Prime movers (engines), electrical generation and distribution, electronics, fresh water generation, management of fuel, pumping systems, compressed air, sewage etc... Usually only 2 of us so pretty busy when I'm at sea!

Back