What do y'all do for a living?

I'm either unemployed or retired, depending on my mood.
Other than that, I'm a family carer, dog walker, gardener, cook, cleaner, driver, guitarist, & general PITA.

I guess I should say I'm an out of work musician or writer, as my resume reads like the bio of an author or muso.

Previous roles have included: Deckhand, Gardener, Delivery Driver, Admin Support officer, Sales Assistant, Factory worker, Parent, & many more.

I retired early due to many reasons, including health & family issues.

Although money's a bit tight now & again, I'm happy to live without the stress of having to meet the unrealistic expectations of others, with little reward other than the financial incentive to keep wearing myself out.

There's only so long the mouse can run on the treadmill until it realises it will never get the cheese!

If I ever get tempted to return to the workforce, just thinking about what I've been through in my working life is enough to put things back in perspective.
Besides, if I started working again, we'd need to hire a carer for my wife, & even though she works, it would be more financially viable for me to continue as her carer & not work, than for me to work & have to pay for care.

Aside from everything else, it's nice that she doesn't need to call on a stranger to help her in & out of the shower, & the like.
I guess the price of maintaining her dignity is having a stay at home husband/carer, & when it comes down to it I can live with that.

I have PhD in Environmental Engineering. I am managing R&D in a company that is operating globally on marine business.

Last edited:
I own a drafting and design company that works on structural steel for commercial and high rise buildings.

Three years ago, I retired after 25 years with a major metropolitan fire department. Went back to college and finished an Education degree, so I do occasional substitute teaching at the jr high and high school level.

But mainly I play several gigs a month, and give a guitar lesson every now and then. I don't claim to be a full time musician, but I do put that on my tax return, so I can write off all music business expenses and acquisitions.

I am a Power System Electrician at my local utility here in Alberta.
No I'm not a lineman. No I don't climb poles. Haha

Just substations.

Done lots of different things. I have an Accounting and Finance degree and an MSc Corporate Real Estate & Facilities Management.
Have worked in IT, Food industry and now work for a plastics industry/recycler.
I also try to be a father and a husband, trying to find as much time as possible especially for my 3 year old and my 5 month old sons.
All these get in the way of guitar playing and windsurfing, but I try my best... :)

after all these months, I just realized I had never actually answered the thread topic seriously. First of all, I am not Julie Bowen's husband. :(

:D:D

I do mortgages. Work for a mortgage bank.

Recently retired from the military, after a couple decades in offensive tactical operations.

Finished up some schoolin' and certifications, and now I work in cyber-defense.

I also raise kids, reptiles, and my blood pressure while trying to learn barre chords.

Recently retired from the military, after a couple decades in offensive tactical operations.

Finished up some schoolin' and certifications, and now I work in cyber-defense.

I also raise kids, reptiles, and my blood pressure while trying to learn barre chords.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!

I am a planning manager for a fortune 50 distribution center. I get every Friday-Sunday off so it keeps my schedule open to do the band thing.

I'm a website manager and play in two bands that help me lose a bit of money on the side!

I'm musician-boring response....
but till last year I was a dancer as well-it changed when I purchased my first midi controller....
;)

Back