What do y'all do for a living?

I'm a.....police officer - well, actually I'm a police lieutenant. Not a great time to be cop.

I went to school to become a LEO, joined the Army for the points (ended up Signal due to an FCC license or 3) and destroyed one of my knees so bad that I couldn't pass a PT test. My youngest sister followed in my footsteps, minus the military, and is an incredible young woman and LEO (BTW, don't mess with 5' 5" 130lb woman who carries a 1911 Commander frame as a side arm!). I spent many years in jails and prisons making all the intercoms, cameras, doors, etc integrate and work. If a CO can open a door via a touch screen on a computer, odds are it was mine. Unless it didn't work....then it was the competitors!

But as I tell my sister and all of my LEO friends (just had a bunch over last night....small but BIG party....cops were called on us....more cops came over to eat and drink) - Thank you for everything that you do...especially during these trying times. It is a scary time but rest assured that the majority of Americans have your back! It might be a silent majority right now but the grumbling is now becoming coherent and intelligible. I pray for you men and women out there. Thank you for what you do and stay safe out there!

I work for the City of Seattle's employee retirement plan. Pretty mundane desk jockeying most of the time, but it gets interesting at times after local elections. ;-)

Im a cognitive neuroscientist and a biostatistician.At work I bounce infrared light off your cornea, capture the reflection off your pupil, do some quick calculations and then I know where you are looking and can play your eye gaze track back superimposed over what ever you were looking at in my lab. So I use that equipment to understand how concussions or neurological illness affects attention, or test web pages for usability. I teach pre-med courses in basic neurology, biostat and also a course in human sexuality but my wife can tell you, Im not an expert in the last topic ;-)

I've done a lot of things in the past (mostly on computers), but these days I'm focused on making films. I'm a director, but I'm also an editor, writer, producer, I do some music for my films at least, etc.

I thought everyone here was supposed to be a doctor or lawyer though!? ;) Judging by this thread, only a small percentage of us seem to be in those professions.

I am a software developer, but I had a passion for guitar since I was like 2-3 years old :D Since I had logical and analytical mind too and I liked abstractions I went into computer science field, but playing is one of the biggest parts of my life :)

I work in IT for a well known University. No, I can't get basketball tickets, cheap - not even for myself. :(

I am recently retired - In my former life was involved with strategic planning, business development, six sigma, lean manufacturing, and finance (I guess you could say jack of all trades - master of none)

You wouldn't know from the poor construction of my posts but I work in marketing. I frequently design and write copy for advertisements. Some of you have probably seen my work.

Thanks! I'm from MD and to be perfectly honest, is one of the reasons I bought another PRS. It's something to remind me of home. I hope we'll be moving our family back out there sometime soon.

I wish I had known. We cycled from Christ Church to Queenstown this past February.

I wish I had known. We cycled from Christ Church to Queenstown this past February.
There's a Vertigo Cycles touring company there right? That's not me, but maybe I should get in touch with them...I've always wanted to spend some time in NZ. If you're looking for an ultra high-end titanium bicycle, I'm your guy though

Back