What do y'all do for a living?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by midrange, Jul 13, 2016.

1. drdoom8793

drdoom8793 THAT guy at Chick-fil-A

I've been here for a year and a half. 6 months on contract and 1 years FTE. Can't complain.

2. WiredGuitarist

WiredGuitarist Authorized PRS dealer
    Authorized PRS Dealer

I own a few different companies. I guess I'm sort of a venture capitalist. We own a guitar store attached to a large online community, a men's hair product company, local cafe/bakery, and an AI thing. www.momentumventures.org :)

3. BMiller

BMiller New Member

I went to school to become a LEO, joined the Army for the points (ended up Signal due to an FCC license or 3) and destroyed one of my knees so bad that I couldn't pass a PT test. My youngest sister followed in my footsteps, minus the military, and is an incredible young woman and LEO (BTW, don't mess with 5' 5" 130lb woman who carries a 1911 Commander frame as a side arm!). I spent many years in jails and prisons making all the intercoms, cameras, doors, etc integrate and work. If a CO can open a door via a touch screen on a computer, odds are it was mine. Unless it didn't work....then it was the competitors!

But as I tell my sister and all of my LEO friends (just had a bunch over last night....small but BIG party....cops were called on us....more cops came over to eat and drink) - Thank you for everything that you do...especially during these trying times. It is a scary time but rest assured that the majority of Americans have your back! It might be a silent majority right now but the grumbling is now becoming coherent and intelligible. I pray for you men and women out there. Thank you for what you do and stay safe out there!

Lee B., kes7u, bodia and 1 other person like this.
  4. Mike Duncan

Mike Duncan DGT Player

Really appreciate the kind words!

5. Lee B.

Lee B. I stitch my wings and pull the strings.

I work for the City of Seattle's employee retirement plan. Pretty mundane desk jockeying most of the time, but it gets interesting at times after local elections. ;-)

6. EEGMan

EEGMan New Member

Im a cognitive neuroscientist and a biostatistician.At work I bounce infrared light off your cornea, capture the reflection off your pupil, do some quick calculations and then I know where you are looking and can play your eye gaze track back superimposed over what ever you were looking at in my lab. So I use that equipment to understand how concussions or neurological illness affects attention, or test web pages for usability. I teach pre-med courses in basic neurology, biostat and also a course in human sexuality but my wife can tell you, Im not an expert in the last topic ;-)

Ovibos and LSchefman like this.
  7. Kazz

Kazz Kaptain Kazz of the Triple Sickle Alliance

I've done a lot of things in the past (mostly on computers), but these days I'm focused on making films. I'm a director, but I'm also an editor, writer, producer, I do some music for my films at least, etc.

I thought everyone here was supposed to be a doctor or lawyer though!? ;) Judging by this thread, only a small percentage of us seem to be in those professions.

8. GuitarMan

GuitarMan New Member

I am a software developer, but I had a passion for guitar since I was like 2-3 years old :D Since I had logical and analytical mind too and I liked abstractions I went into computer science field, but playing is one of the biggest parts of my life :)

9. Vertigo

Vertigo New Member

I'm the sole operator of Vertigo Cycles and make one-off titanium bicycle frames.

[​IMG]

10. Robert Carr

Robert Carr Why can't I take my guitar everywhere??

I work in IT for a well known University. No, I can't get basketball tickets, cheap - not even for myself. :(

11. toothace

toothace We've got, you know, armadillos in our trousers.

You need to find a student not using their tickets(if your University does that)...I know at UCONN most students sell theirs...;)

12. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

Pretty fookin' cool!

13. Maertl513

Maertl513 Sherlock 513

Year, titanium as a color for PRS...

14. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

Love it!

15. ]-[@n$0Ma☩!©

]-[@n$0Ma☩!© Der Hans der kann's

Nice welds, bud. That's as nice as any Lynskey frame I've seen.

16. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

i know your bikes! welcome!

17. Vertigo

Vertigo New Member

Thanks! I'm from MD and to be perfectly honest, is one of the reasons I bought another PRS. It's something to remind me of home. I hope we'll be moving our family back out there sometime soon.

james likes this.
  18. CVS

CVS Not so new member

I am recently retired - In my former life was involved with strategic planning, business development, six sigma, lean manufacturing, and finance (I guess you could say jack of all trades - master of none)

19. strat63

strat63 New Member

You wouldn't know from the poor construction of my posts but I work in marketing. I frequently design and write copy for advertisements. Some of you have probably seen my work.

20. tiboy

tiboy New Member

I wish I had known. We cycled from Christ Church to Queenstown this past February.

Vertigo likes this.