What do I have here? CO22.

matt3310

I got this today, and cant find any info about it. The guy I bought it from said it was 1 of 25. The switch is broken, so it needs a new switch. But finding one like what is on it seems to be impossible.

So two questions.

1) any info on this guitar?
2) Where can I find a replacement switch?

gF0CUHB.jpg

HLUWN91.jpg

HQMhAej.jpg

uNWaFhr.jpg

NdPbVRR.jpg

xF1v94z.jpg

DBuIqtl.jpg

2RzzgIv.jpg

uNWaFhr.jpg

As long as the mounting screw offset is the same, it looks like any other 5-way. A call to customer service is probably in your future. Regardless, a bolt-on DGT neck??!! Freakin’ awesome! Gorgeous!

It's a Schaller Mega(super)switch. The CU22 Soapy's switch in the middle position selects the neck & bridge pickups, and this switch enables this combination.

They're pretty readily available, I think the "S" or "M" type will do the job, but check the instructions first :)

p.s. sweet guitar, I do miss my one from the original run.

Pretty sure the 2010 all had DGT carve necks (similar to the "Regular D" on the original run), unsure about the "CO" but it could be what Custom 22 Soapbars are referred to in the MODCAT???

Cool! So it's basically a Custom 22 Soapbar, but a special run a good while after that model was discontinued.

I'm not sure which Schaller switch that is, or if it's original, but there are plenty of options for replacements depending on what selections you want.

My CU22 Soapbar also has the DGT neck great score you have there
Ill look at the switch in mine and see if its the same.

Regardless, a bolt-on DGT neck??!! Freakin’ awesome! Gorgeous!

I had a couple of CU22 Soapbars (I think the “O” was just a badly written “U”) with maple fretboards and necks. They weren’t bolt-on, they were set-necks. I believe the 2010 runs were, too.

That one’s a beauty!

You can't go wrong with blue, whichever the model you choose
Congrats, fantastic specimen.

The switch is a Schaller Megaswitch "E". The "E" version's middle switch position enables the bridge and neck pickups together. My CU22 Soapy switch broke in the same place...

Back