What do Dave Navarro fans know?

sergiodeblanc

While it’s not exactly time to buy again, it’s also kinda not the time to sell anymore either, and prices are slowly coming back down it seems.

However, I noticed a glut of SE Dave Navarros for sale for like, crazy prices, $1200.

Why? Is Dave gonna die soon? Is he next in line for The Dead & Co. spot? Or is this a case of mass hysteria?

I’m not in the market for one (unless ya know, a flat topped one came along cheap) just curious if someone knows something I don’t.

It’s been like that for awhile now. Most guitars are going for more than they should be, just like guitar parts. I think Covid is partially to blame, so many people were home with nothing to do so they started buying guitars to learn how to play. Since there was such a demand, prices rose. I had been looking to pick up a Custom 24 DN Signature for quite sometime, their prices were getting way over $3k so I waited. Luckily, just recently, I found one locally for right at $2k. The deals are out there, you just have to look for them and sometime wait.

Looks like he is having long term Covid complications so he’s not doing much of anything.

Looks like he is having long term Covid complications so he’s not doing much of anything.

Thanks a total bummer. :( Hope he gets better soon.

Mrs AR had this last, sucks the big hairy meatball. Sorry Sergio “Tofu-ball”.

It’s been like that for awhile now. Most guitars are going for more than they should be, just like guitar parts. I think Covid is partially to blame, so many people were home with nothing to do so they started buying guitars to learn how to play. Since there was such a demand, prices rose. I had been looking to pick up a Custom 24 DN Signature for quite sometime, their prices were getting way over $3k so I waited. Luckily, just recently, I found one locally for right at $2k. The deals are out there, you just have to look for them and sometime wait.
Yeah, but I’m specifically speaking about these SE’s.

I’m just gonna guess there were a lack of them on the market for quite awhile. Someone put one up for big $ to test the waters, then the chain reaction starts. I hadn’t seen any FS for a long time. Just a guess.

The same thing is happening with the Tim Mahoney SE, although there seems to be way less of those. For years they were $4-500 used (perhaps the baby blue color is not for everyone) but then people realized they were pretty sweet and also rare and they go over over $1k now. I think the same thing happened with other Sig's but the Navarro must not be actually that rare and everyone is trying to cash in. I saw one at Guitar Center for $600 and almost though about flipping it.

The same thing is happening with the Tim Mahoney SE, although there seems to be way less of those. For years they were $4-500 used (perhaps the baby blue color is not for everyone) but then people realized they were pretty sweet and also rare and they go over over $1k now. I think the same thing happened with other Sig's but the Navarro must not be actually that rare and everyone is trying to cash in. I saw one at Guitar Center for $600 and almost though about flipping it.
I can kinda understand the Mahoney, they’re kinda rare and there’s not many stoptail 24’s in the world, especially in that price range.

311 also seems like a millennial darling band, versus Dave’s Gen-Xer Jane’s (and literally nobody loves RHCP’s Navarro period).

I dunno.. it just strikes me as odd.

The Chris Robertson SE Sig is the same way (still kicking myself). I’ve seen those sell for over 1K when you can actually find one. I haven’t seen the first of the originals that have the US 57/08 in the bridge for sale. I would still love to get one of the Korean ones. Hopefully they’ll all creep back down eventually.

All about supply and demand I guess.

Back