What did you practice with/gig this week?

OK... I take different guitars to practice all the time, usually two.
If you are an at home, or band practice, or gig player... what axe or axes did you enjoy this week?
I love mixing it up, here's what I used last week...

Mine are the two on the right. 594 Hollowbody, and 594 soapy. Both Trampas green.
When I hung them up at the start I had an urge to play a Green Day song...

Whatchoo got?
This week I’m on bass.
I’ve been practicing with my fretless Guild Pilot Pro (almost 30 years old).
She’s the green one laying on the bench on the left.
This shot distorts her nice curves a bit.

Now that I'm back in FL (@garrett) my old band Autumn's Pain is reuniting. We're going in a totally different direction. I stead of being guitar driven, we are letting the piano lead.

The weird part? We are using backing tracks instead of a live band. I am running 16 stems, direct out from Ableton Live into a Behringer XR18 mixer via a Focusrite i1820 and a Behringer ADA8200. From there we are using the Behringer PD-16 to run 3 Behringer PM-16 personal monitor mixers. The total mix will be sent to a pair of column array speakers (brand/model TBD).

Our goal is to occasionally play small tap houses and coffee shops. We'll still do an 85% original set with a few covers thrown in. We have few places booked for August/September. Right now the singer and I are still doing new arrangements and laying the backing tracks.

Guitar wise, I am committed to using the ME-V. My amp rig will be my Helix Rack and G50 wireless.

Is that a hourly / monthly lockout space or your own private space?
I love a great Honeycomb Hideout.
It's a space my buddy and I created next door to his business. We figured it would be more fun to be able to just roll up and plug in instead of being our own roadies. Dance floor, stage, bar, seating, all private.
My buddy retired and moved away but now I and another guy are renting the space out to 3 other bands. $320/mo per band for one night a week they can call their own. We chose Wed nights.

Now that I'm back in FL (@garrett) my old band Autumn's Pain is reuniting. We're going in a totally different direction. I stead of being guitar driven, we are letting the piano lead.

The weird part? We are using backing tracks instead of a live band. I am running 16 stems, direct out from Ableton Live into a Behringer XR18 mixer via a Focusrite i1820 and a Behringer ADA8200. From there we are using the Behringer PD-16 to run 3 Behringer PM-16 personal monitor mixers. The total mix will be sent to a pair of column array speakers (brand/model TBD).

Our goal is to occasionally play small tap houses and coffee shops. We'll still do an 85% original set with a few covers thrown in. We have few places booked for August/September. Right now the singer and I are still doing new arrangements and laying the backing tracks.

Guitar wise, I am committed to using the ME-V. My amp rig will be my Helix Rack and G50 wireless.
I applaud your creativity! I'd be scared the laptop would go for a dive!

Each year, at a time of year that will become obvious, I start a lesson at Master Guitar Academy called Jingle Bell Blues. Each year I say I am going to finish it, each year failing miserably. Each year giving up shortly after the season. This year I'm getting close and I'm still working on it.

Sorry for the long intro. But to give me the maximum possible advantage I am using what I consider the most playable of all my highly playable axes, my Santana. But because it is so heavy, and because I try and practice standing some, I mix in my Hollow Body I on occasion.

Right on, man. FL has a way of pulling people back in! We'll have to catch up soon.

I'm hoping to use this thread for some inspiration. I've barely played the last several months.

Each year, at a time of year that will become obvious, I start a lesson at Master Guitar Academy called Jingle Bell Blues. Each year I say I am going to finish it, each year failing miserably. Each year giving up shortly after the season. This year I'm getting close and I'm still working on it.

Sorry for the long intro. But to give me the maximum possible advantage I am using what I consider the most playable of all my highly playable axes, my Santana. But because it is so heavy, and because I try and practice standing some, I mix in my Hollow Body I on occasion.

What weight is your Santana?

I applaud your creativity! I'd be scared the laptop would go for a dive!

I feel you!! I am having a new laptop built:

16GB RAM
1TB SSD
11th Gen intel i7

Hopefully it'll have enough power. We're writing in MIDI, but the stems will bounced to audio. We'll run any effects (not feeling we'll need many) from the XR18.

Here's the stem listing:

* kick
* snare
* HH
* toms (stereo)
* OH (stereo)
* bass amp
* bass DI
* sub bass
* piano chords
* piano melody
* Helix (live guitar)
* live vocal 1
* live vocal 2
* live vocal 3

The laptop will also be running a video/light show through small LED projectors to three different screens on stage.

We're beginning our social media blitz over the next couple of weeks. The last (best) lineup will be conversing via Zoom. We'll record the screens and talk about the old Autumn's Pain. The singer and will do a separate Zoom to discuss the new direction - which is going from 80s-90s hard rock to full-on AOR.

We're pumped!!!

@garrett - could get you in there too if you wanted. Lol....594 on one side, ME-V on the other....

What part of Florida? My wife and I will be in Miami and Keys area in a month. We are going to go on Blues cruise (Bonamassa's) and after that the keys for a week. If the right area and IF you had a gig the right night and IF, well, you know........
What weight is your Santana?
I have not weighed it. I should. But HEAVY. My heaviest guitar by far, 10 lbs???

Back