What did you do/get for Christmas

Yesterday was awesome! Everybody stayed away from me and I spent the entire day/night with a drink in my hand crooning at my atheist Xmas tree (microphone stand with a mic on it)... Got a bunch of work done and now I'm off to celebrate my real holiday: Merry Christmas is over... It's almost safe to go shopping again.

A microphone stand with a mic on it is very much a Lestivus Pole.

Yesterday was awesome! Everybody stayed away from me and I spent the entire day/night with a drink in my hand crooning at my atheist Xmas tree (microphone stand with a mic on it)... Got a bunch of work done and now I'm off to celebrate my real holiday: Merry Christmas is over... It's almost safe to go shopping again.

Ya know, if you add a cable and PA you could preach the gospel while crooning.

Music-wise, I got the new Johnny Cash bio, my wife got me the new Eddie Trunk book (and a copy of the one I already have, but we can exchange it) and a PRS flag, my daughter and her boyfriend got me a pick punch, and my son got me a PRS birds strap in black leather. My wife said he was very proud of it. As he should be (I did wonder what was in the small box from PRS - way too small to be a guitar!).

DOH! I forgot because it arrived early - my sister-in-law got me the Tremonti instructional video.

I think it's defective, though, because when I select PLAY on the menu, a message pops up that says, "Dude, just give it up already." Then it goes back to the main menu.

The Johnny Cash bio is AMAZING! I just finished it .. you will LOVE it!

Yesterday we went to my parents' and my in-laws'. Long day. Today was a bit more calm, with my parents coming over for a visit - the in-laws usually come, but my father-in-law is having hip replacement surgery tom'w and doesn't want to leave the house.

Music-wise, I got the new Johnny Cash bio, my wife got me the new Eddie Trunk book (and a copy of the one I already have, but we can exchange it) and a PRS flag, my daughter and her boyfriend got me a pick punch, and my son got me a PRS birds strap in black leather. My wife said he was very proud of it. As he should be (I did wonder what was in the small box from PRS - way too small to be a guitar!).

And we took the annual picture in front of the tree...and if I could attach it, I'd post it. Haven't sent it to my web space yet.

please tell me where you got this, that is ingenious and beats the heck out of the cut off hockey stick I have been using for a log poker.

Wedge, I'll have to ask Santa. I was using a dandelion poker previously (which also serves as my mushroom hunting stick......No, not the ones from Mexico).

Wife surprised me with a couple autographed pieces...Lenny Moore (when football was a lot different) and Dempsey and McGregor after the final pitch of the 83 series, when the O's played ball, hon...She rocks!!

Not much in the musical vein, except this:
20131227_161730_zpsysylm5hg.jpg

The camera was a surprise from the wife. We weren't doing real gifts this year (new appliances took precedence). She broke the rules... But it's OK.she'll get as much use as I will. As a photographer, work had really burned me out and I rarely get the camera out at home. I think this is her way of saying I need to take more photos of the wee one!

Last edited:
I had a rather tough year between medical/surgical garbage as always and work offering some challenges, so Santa decided I've been an awfully good boy! This year he gave me the following:

Paid off PS 4264:

e403019459bb32210af399d0bd7135f9_zpscaa52068.jpg

ece714ac5dfd2ce6d3a41105dbad30b2_zpsd5a49d42.jpg

PRS Archon inbound soon enough:

ARCHON%202-630-80.jpg

This CU24 Wood Library also dropped into my lap:

3b0319279f47adffb45d0d806a019cbe_zps0d06a406.jpg

Despite the year having some rough moments (understatement of the year haha), at least it seems like I'm ending on a high note! :D

I had a rather tough year between medical/surgical garbage as always and work offering some challenges, so Santa decided I've been an awfully good boy! This year he gave me the following:

Paid off PS 4264:

e403019459bb32210af399d0bd7135f9_zpscaa52068.jpg

ece714ac5dfd2ce6d3a41105dbad30b2_zpsd5a49d42.jpg

PRS Archon inbound soon enough:

ARCHON%202-630-80.jpg

This CU24 Wood Library also dropped into my lap:

3b0319279f47adffb45d0d806a019cbe_zps0d06a406.jpg

Despite the year having some rough moments (understatement of the year haha), at least it seems like I'm ending on a high note! :D

Sorry to hear about the rough year, but...HUBBA HUBBA!

Matt, glad to see things seem to be lookin up! Hell of a way to end the year! Congrats!

Back