What did you do/get for Christmas

Nothing music wise for me this year.

My two sons are not due to come over until around 10 or 11 am today.
They got quite the bounty waiting here for them.

Of course Santa always stops by my place to give me something, in fact he stops off a couple of times, and even in November he dropped by.
I must have been damn good this year ;)

A few items he got for my FJ.

A new Springtail Solutions rear Molle bag rack that turns into a table.
I had one back there, but he recently upgraded the design so you can flip it down into a table to use when on the trail.

1.jpg

3.jpg

An ARB dual motor air compressor for the rig.
I already have a nice Powertank CO2 setup which can run airtools and fill tires very fast (that yellow tank can fill 30 tires from 18 PSI back up to 40 PSI) but I wanted the compressor to save on CO2, and the new one will be just for airing back up the tires and for doing monthly tire checks.

2.jpg

4.jpg

And since my digital camera is getting a little old, I got the new Canon Rebel T5i with the 18 - 55 zoom lens on it.
Also got the 18 - 135 zoom lens as an after thought, as I should have gone with that one first.
Now I can take clearer shots of my guitars, camping pics, vehicle pics, etc.

This is my first DSLR camera, and I really like it.
It has a touch screen on the back along with normal push buttons too.
And it takes full 1920x1080 HD movies too.

32251_1_xl.jpg

32251_4_xl.jpg

Looking forward to seeing my sons later today, and getting a chance to capture the visit with my new camera.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
I am on a 17 day break from work, it feels great sleeping in and not worrying about having to rush off to work.
I go back on the 6th.

PS, have a few more late gifts for me coming, I needed a bigger camera bag, and it arrive Friday.
It is a Tamrac 5606 which can carry several lenses, and cradle the camera with its long lens on too.

5606-open-black-287x360.jpg
LA-560607-355x360.png

WOW!!!! Great stuff!!!!!!! :rock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well the madness has ended at my House. My Kids, their Spouses, & all my Grandkids were here for Christmas Eve. That is my whole Christmas. We will do pretty much nothing tomorrow. This was the best Xmas of my life. Little Prime Rib, Lobster, Crab Legs, Ham, & far too many other dishes to remember. Followed that up with lots of Egg Nog for myself & the little people. After that, we did a mountain of presents, then the little ones helped me unwrap my gifts. We played with gifts for a while, then I took the 4 Grandkids Christmas Caroling around the Neighborhood. They lasted about an hour, which was amazing with the temperature in the teens. Then we had more Egg Nog, Cookies, Candy, & played some more games. It was awesome. How about everyone else?

Here are my favorite gifts:

License Plate from all of my very, very, very best friends!

Bich'in Hand tooled Guitar Strap!

My Daughter's Dog thinks we are Buds for some reason

Sounds like a great Xmas for sure....... Now for the important part, which PRS did you bring for backing when you went out caroling? :biggrin:

We went to Church and looked at Christmas lights last night. We got up this morning and opened presents. Mine are all keepers, and the kids loved theirs. Wifey was pleased, too.

Now, we're getting ready for a week at the in-laws...I hope it goes as smoothly.

I just got a simple MIDI mouse as a basic channel switcher, and I got to (finally) catch up on sleep after finals. I'll take it. :)

Had to have a plumber come and snake my sewer line today. OMG I could have bought an se for what this will cost!!!!!!! Never fails.

Yesterday we went to my parents' and my in-laws'. Long day. Today was a bit more calm, with my parents coming over for a visit - the in-laws usually come, but my father-in-law is having hip replacement surgery tom'w and doesn't want to leave the house.

Music-wise, I got the new Johnny Cash bio, my wife got me the new Eddie Trunk book (and a copy of the one I already have, but we can exchange it) and a PRS flag, my daughter and her boyfriend got me a pick punch, and my son got me a PRS birds strap in black leather. My wife said he was very proud of it. As he should be (I did wonder what was in the small box from PRS - way too small to be a guitar!).

And we took the annual picture in front of the tree...and if I could attach it, I'd post it. Haven't sent it to my web space yet.

We went to Church and looked at Christmas lights last night. We got up this morning and opened presents. Mine are all keepers, and the kids loved theirs. Wifey was pleased, too.

Now, we're getting ready for a week at the in-laws...I hope it goes as smoothly.

I have the digits handy. :)

Corey a few people I work with have FJ Cruisers. I keep telling them about all the cool additions you have on yours hoping they'll up their game. :adore:
Thanks, they should check out www.fjcruiserforums.com a lot of us FJ owners hang out there, the place is huge.
WOW!!!! Great stuff!!!!!!! :rock:
Thanks!
Love the FJ stuff!
Thanks again, it has been fun building/modding it into a rig I really enjoy.
Thanks again!
Ah - posted it to my web site. Just easier.

goofyxmas.jpg
Cool picture!

My mom totally deceived me and came thru on the PRS ornament:)

Yesterday was awesome! Everybody stayed away from me and I spent the entire day/night with a drink in my hand crooning at my atheist Xmas tree (microphone stand with a mic on it)... Got a bunch of work done and now I'm off to celebrate my real holiday: Merry Christmas is over... It's almost safe to go shopping again.

Back