What did you do/get for Christmas

markie

Zombie 27 - DFZ
Well the madness has ended at my House. My Kids, their Spouses, & all my Grandkids were here for Christmas Eve. That is my whole Christmas. We will do pretty much nothing tomorrow. This was the best Xmas of my life. Little Prime Rib, Lobster, Crab Legs, Ham, & far too many other dishes to remember. Followed that up with lots of Egg Nog for myself & the little people. After that, we did a mountain of presents, then the little ones helped me unwrap my gifts. We played with gifts for a while, then I took the 4 Grandkids Christmas Caroling around the Neighborhood. They lasted about an hour, which was amazing with the temperature in the teens. Then we had more Egg Nog, Cookies, Candy, & played some more games. It was awesome. How about everyone else?

Here are my favorite gifts:

License Plate from all of my very, very, very best friends!

Bich'in Hand tooled Guitar Strap!

My Daughter's Dog thinks we are Buds for some reason

We're having our Christmas for my daughter tomorrow, but we had extended family last Saturday and I got a chromecast and some duck dynasty gear. Nothing guitar/music related though.

Sounds like a great time, Mark!

Me, I got some proper time off (which translates to having the actual gumption to like, y'know, post!). Fortunately I also got some rather nice acknowledgement of the fact that I've been working my butt off this last year.

Festivities start tomorrow for me. My wife says she's done something "crazy" for me this year, thought truth be told she says that most years and does pretty good! We'll gorge on champagne brunch with my parents in the afternoon, then go visit my brother's family in a couple of days. If we play it out right, we'll stretch Christmas out to 3 or 4 days. :D

Lunch with the in-laws then spending time with my wife's family pretty low key.

As for what I got myself for Christmas, you'll see in about a week :biggrin:

I celebrate the holiday Lestivus, which carries with it a number of important, if not sacred, Obligations. Yes, one does of course give one's self a gift, but only after the Obligations are met. These are:

The Polishing Of The Guitars, The Great Jam Session, The Lestivus Feast, and The Lestivus Nap.

One wakes up on Lestivus morning bright with anticipation, and the day begins with The Polishing of Guitars. Every guitar in the household must be cleaned and polished, and if one celebrates Lestivus correctly, the Polishing is finished with The Changing of The Strings (a lesser obligation, but one that is appreciated by most Lestivus households). Ideally, the whole family participates in The Polishing, and correct polishing techniques are taught even to the little ones.

This Obligation over, there is The Great Jam Session. Everyone in the household gets an instrument, even if it's a kazoo, and jams with whomever in the household plays guitar. This lasts until some Lestivus celebrant shouts out, "I have blisters on my fingers!" when the jam is over.

After The Great Jam Session, everyone prepares for The Lestivus Feast. By tradition, The Lestivus Feast is properly celebrated by going to one's brother's or sister's house, where non-Lestivus people consider it to be a dinner to celebrate some other holiday, but Lestivus celebrants appreciate the opportunity to celebrate Lestivus and feast without bothering to prepare food. The reason for this is that Lestivus celebrants have enough to do with The Polishing of the Guitars, and the Great Jam Session, and no time to do something as mundane as cook food.

At The Lestivus Feast, the primary object is to become full of good food and drink, and then settle in for The Lestivus Nap following the Feast. There is no set time for the Nap, however, if one has eaten and drunk enough, the timing of the Nap usually takes care of itself.

After one wakes up from The Nap, and somehow makes one's way home, one goes online and buys one's self a gift, since it makes no sense for the Lestivus celebrant to take a chance on getting the Wrong Thing.

And that, my friends, is Lestivus. As it happens, I celebrate Lestivus on Christmas Day this year, since I have been conveniently invited to my brother's house for Christmas dinner.

Incidentally, I am the only Lestivus celebrant in my family, for some strange reason...

Sounds like Markie had a fruitful Christmas, awesome!!!!

We had our downstairs bathroom remodeled, needed it pretty bad. So that was our Christmas gift to each other. However, my Ce24 showed up monday so now I have Ce 22 and 24 but those are not Christmas gifts to myself. No sir.

I got drafted into singing in the choir. 35 minutes of sight singing. Then, I gave my dad a Kamaka Ukulele. Nice koa top, bottom, sides, and back.

IMG_1443.jpg

Now, I am sitting here watching another Sondheim and thinking about auditioning for another acting gig.

Last edited:
Already Christmas afternoon here..... We took our little son Jack (9 weeks) around to my parents place today. My brother, his wife and his one year old boy were there too. We spent all morning opening gifts for the kids..... The we have a big Christmas Dinner with all the trimmings! I have eaten so much Turkey that I might grow feathers!!! Grandma and Grandad are just going to take Jack for a walk... so I am thinking about a power nap, before another round of leftovers!! :)

Guitarwise..... CRAZY week! I let go of one of the queens of my collection, so there has been madness in the trade pot... An R9, R8, Johnny A, CS 57 Strat, 53 Tele, Tom Anderson.... Exhausting but fun!!! Some of those already gone to make way for a bucket list guitar!!

Nothing music wise for me this year.

My two sons are not due to come over until around 10 or 11 am today.
They got quite the bounty waiting here for them.

Of course Santa always stops by my place to give me something, in fact he stops off a couple of times, and even in November he dropped by.
I must have been damn good this year ;)

A few items he got for my FJ.

A new Springtail Solutions rear Molle bag rack that turns into a table.
I had one back there, but he recently upgraded the design so you can flip it down into a table to use when on the trail.

1.jpg

3.jpg

An ARB dual motor air compressor for the rig.
I already have a nice Powertank CO2 setup which can run airtools and fill tires very fast (that yellow tank can fill 30 tires from 18 PSI back up to 40 PSI) but I wanted the compressor to save on CO2, and the new one will be just for airing back up the tires and for doing monthly tire checks.

2.jpg

4.jpg

And since my digital camera is getting a little old, I got the new Canon Rebel T5i with the 18 - 55 zoom lens on it.
Also got the 18 - 135 zoom lens as an after thought, as I should have gone with that one first.
Now I can take clearer shots of my guitars, camping pics, vehicle pics, etc.

This is my first DSLR camera, and I really like it.
It has a touch screen on the back along with normal push buttons too.
And it takes full 1920x1080 HD movies too.

32251_1_xl.jpg

32251_4_xl.jpg

Looking forward to seeing my sons later today, and getting a chance to capture the visit with my new camera.

Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year.
I am on a 17 day break from work, it feels great sleeping in and not worrying about having to rush off to work.
I go back on the 6th.

PS, have a few more late gifts for me coming, I needed a bigger camera bag, and it arrive Friday.
It is a Tamrac 5606 which can carry several lenses, and cradle the camera with its long lens on too.

5606-open-black-287x360.jpg
LA-560607-355x360.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Not celebrating this year, but I bought myself this as a gift. Well, I preordered it...

b7bdb8be3bf2bd0976edb482954111c0.jpg

Messing around with my new Canon Rebel T5i.
Check what the two big Nutcrackers have ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great looking gifts everybody.

Markie I thought your middle initial was F like mine. :wink:

Corey a few people I work with have FJ Cruisers. I keep telling them about all the cool additions you have on yours hoping they'll up their game. :adore:

I treated myself. I have a two builds that should literally be done any day now. And thanks to my pal Geese I scored one of my big amp wants at a steal of a price. I am quite excited about all three.

We are off to the wife's sister's house shortly. The last time I drove to her house it was a direct shot from Muncie. She cut my trip short to have her first baby. She get's coal. However, the little guy get's some proper cloud storage to hold all of his pictures.

Selfie using the wife's new iPad. The shirt is a Christmas present from JFB! Thanks, Jesse!
image_zps1d4258b7.jpg

My wife is from Southern Maryland. When we were dating, she would insist we go to a club called "Hammerjacks" to see a band I was vaguely familiar with called "Kix". Lol, needless to say, some of the BEST shows ever!
Here is what she found for me for Christmas:
image_zps66569875.jpg

Back