What concerts are you looking forward to?

Upcomings:
- Living Colour next week @ City Winery in CHI (up close with Vernon's Vela)
- Satriani @ Chicago Theatre in April
- Dream Theater @ Chicago Theatre 2wks later

I'm trying not to build up the DT show in my mind too much - "The Astonishing" isn't out yet, but the single is pretty solid. It's going to be a full live performance of the new double album with tons of visuals.

Upcomings:

I'm trying not to build up the DT show in my mind too much - "The Astonishing" isn't out yet, but the single is pretty solid. It's going to be a full live performance of the new double album with tons of visuals.

I'll be at that DT show. Looking forward to it!

Heading to one of Breaking Benjamin and Starset's shows sometime in March, gonna be sweet!

Super excited that a festival I go to each year, Uprise Festival, just announced three artists for their line up this year (which is a lot earlier than they announce them previous years if I recall correctly), and my favorite band (Skillet) was the first band announced.

But it's all the way in September :(

The wife wants to see Bonnie Raitt, so that's been added to the list in March

first year in 15 years i'll be skipping the festival season, but there are a couple of concerts will be attending.

end of the month: ghost in ghent, belgium
next month: black stone cherry in amsterdam, netherlands
in march: bluess pills in tourcoing, france
in april: chriss cornell in utrecht, netherlands

Last edited:
Upcomings:

I can't believe I forgot Steven Wilson @ The Vic on March 8!!!
(PRS content = much)

first year in 15 years i'll be skipping the festival season, but there are a couple of concerts will be attending.

end of the month: ghost in ghent, belgium
next month: black stone cherry in amsterdam, netherlands
in march: bluess pills in tourcoing, france
in april: chriss cornell in utrecht, netherlands
just added two other shows:
baroness in Brussels, belgium
monster magnet in utrecht, netherlands

Added The Reverend Billy Gibbons to the list. January 29th at the Arcada Theater in St. Charles, IL

Just found out last night that John 5 is doing an East Coast tour, so as long as I can get a ticket...

A local radio station WMMR has a festival every year that they call the MMRBQ. This year's line up is Disturbed, Shinedown, Sixx AM, Red Sun Rising, and more. So I'm excited for that.

Also Uprise Festival in September.

Dream Theater is coming to the Nati again in a couple months. That should be pretty awesome!

(Now if I could just find someone to go with me!)

Lamb of God this month and Black Sabbath in September.

Lamb was here last night. I had to pass because of my wife's surgery. I was supposed to see them with Dethklok a couple years ago, but that was when Randy got arrested.

Lamb was here last night. I had to pass because of my wife's surgery. I was supposed to see them with Dethklok a couple years ago, but that was when Randy got arrested.
I try to never miss a LOG show. Not sure how I feel about the new lineup. But I'm ok with Slayer!

I'm really looking forward to seeing Joe Bonamassa in May. I got tickets in the 4th row.

JB up close is a real treat. I've had the honor several times.

And speaking of up close...as a follow on to my Walter Trout post earlier...that show at Moes Alley in Santa Cruz last week was awesome. What a great place to see a show! Up close and personal with a living legend (IMO anyway) and I got to meet Walter and the rest of the band after the show. I'm not sure how much touring he is doing the year but hopefully others get a chance to see him.

To link the previous paragraphs together, youtube a song called "Clouds on the Horizon" with Walter and Joe playing together. Pure bad azz stuff!!

Back