What concerts am I watching on YouTube?

CoreyT

PRS Addiction
Thought I would start a single thread for all the concerts I run across online that I am watching.
On my way into work this morning Michael Schenker's "On And On" played on Sirius's Ozzies Boneyard channel.
Found a good quality concert with Michael and group.

I dig the guitars he is using too, and one looks like it has a spattered bullet hole on the fretboard.

Michael Schenker - Temple Of Rock: Live In Europe - (2012)

Last edited by a moderator:
Stone Temple Pilots (w / Chester Bennington) - Hard Rock Live

Chester from the band Linkin Park is now singing with STP.

AC/DC - Let There Be Rock, The Movie

Pretty bad quality, but watchable.

Who is the guy playing both keyboard and guitar with Michael?
What other bands has he been in?
He also played quite a bit of lead when they were doing some of the Scorpions songs.

Did anyone catch the long extended solo Michael did in Rock Bottom?
Yep, it rocked.

bigdirk_clear.gif

That would be Wayne Findlay. He's been with Schenker for years. I believe he's been in touring bands with Uli Jon Roth and Vinnie Moore as well.

Nice thread! Nothing like live music...

Amen! And awomen, too!

My buddy went to Cleveland with me a couple weeks ago for Tremonti and Trivium. I told him the ticket was on me because it was two bands he didn't listen to (turned out he knew a couple Tremonti songs), and he said, "I like just about any kind of music when it's live."

Then at Night Ranger, he told me, "I like going to concerts with you - it means I'm not the only one there who didn't grow up!"

Iron Maiden Live at Rock am Ring 2014 Full uncut show

Doctor doctor!

Rival Sons - Live at Rock am Ring 2014

I just read about these guy's the other night in the November issue of Guitar Player.
A little behind as I also have the December issue on my coffee table.
Been reading the AC/DC book "The Youngs" so have not read any mags for several weeks.

Vintage Trouble - this is just about my favorite live band right now. I've seen these guys six times, only twice at "home" - the other four times were at least an hour away, the latest was five. Great guys, great show, always a ton of energy and always a positive experience.

Not on You Tube, but I've got a stack of DVD's I need to catch up on. I started my usual 2 weeks of vacation around the holidays, so I'm hoping to get a couple off of the stack. First up is Portnoy, Sheehan, MacAlpine & Sherinian Live In Tokyo. Man, what a Tour De Force of virtuosity this is! I was going to play this as "background music" while I was putzing around the basement. I haven't managed to get any putzing done as I can't stop watching the DVD!

Dio - Finding The Sacred Heart - Live in Philly 1986

Man, this is one show I missed as a teenager. I had tickets to go, but was struggling with an ulcer (who gets an ulcer at 18?) and had to miss it. Now I'm 48 and can finally see the show I missed!

One of my "Top 5" things about the entire inter-thingy - great old concerts are only a few mouse clicks away. Some good ones just on this page I need to watch.

But YouTube's sheer volume of content has its downside. Where do you even begin when you're looking for something new to watch on the site? There are some pretty exceptional, entertaining and unique original free Web series available to stream if you know what you're looking for. But fair warning: You'll encounter a lot of profanity along the way.

ACDC-- Let There Be Rock

Full movie, just started to watch it before work.
I read about this one in Susan's AC/DC FAQ book I have been reading lately.

Back