What comes with an S2?

John C

Hi All,

Kind of a stupid question, but what comes with an S2 besides the gig bag? I've never had one before, and I picked up a new Vela about a week and a half ago at GC; unfortunately they gave me just the PRS gig bag with it - no hang tags or anything else. What else is supposed to come with an S2 - anything? I've never had an S2 before, and in all honesty the last time I had a PRS was 2009 and it had the hang tag, warranty card, wrenches and I think even a few extra thumbscrews for the old Phase II tuners.

Obligatory photo:
YlxjvT0.jpg

My three of them all came with a truss wrench and a hex for adjusting the saddles...plus some basic cards for registration.. If you don't have the little kit it comes with call CS and have them send you one.

Sweet guitar! Congrats

Agree with all of the above, and all of mine came with one extra thumbscrew for locking tuners.

My three of them all came with a truss wrench and a hex for adjusting the saddles...plus some basic cards for registration.. If you don't have the little kit it comes with call CS and have them send you one.

Thanks! I figured they should come with this.

Even used pieces should have the truss rod and allen wrenches for adjustments. GC's CS should stand by their sales products.

GC loves to throw all that stuff in a bin. They will probably go through the bin for you if you give them the appropriate hard time about it.

It is a new guitar, not a used one (although it has a 2018 serial number) - I don't know if they just threw the stuff in a bin or if the guy who went back to get the gig bag just grabbed an "accessory" gig bag instead of the bag with this guitars kit inside the pocket. Also they had 3 S2s in stock at this store; the other 2 were a Standard 22 and tone of last year's HSS Specials (the one that's basically a Standard 22 with 2 Vela neck pickups and the Vela humbucker). Actually there is a little sticker on the back of the bag - they might have grabbed me the bag for the Special but they pulled out the Special's kit since it of course has a trem bar in the package.

I'll hassle them for this Vela's kit first, if they can't turn it up then I'll contact CS for a replacement kit.

Last edited:
C8Qv95T.jpg

IWOg1HN.jpg

This came with my 2014 S2 Custom 22.

That's what I was expecting - but the gig bag was empty. I was kind of on the fence about the guitar - if I was going to return it then I would let them figure it out when it was sold again, but I'm planning on keeping it so I'll try to get the kit for it.

That's what I was expecting - but the gig bag was empty. I was kind of on the fence about the guitar - if I was going to return it then I would let them figure it out when it was sold again, but I'm planning on keeping it so I'll try to get the kit for it.

I bought my S2 Custom 22 off the local Craigslist, and the seller had kept all the accessories. I was lucky there.

And I'm glad he kept the accessories because I have used the wrenches to set the guitar up, lower the action, adjust the trem, etc.

Maybe contact PRS? Also, as someone mentioned, maybe GC still has them somewhere.. Good luck!

Go to your GC and get the rest of your items. If they don’t have it, return it get it from a different vendor.

TO OP: This is not a stupid question if you bought the guitar from GC.
I bought my first New S2 Standard 24 from a local GC. They tried to sell me the guitar without a trem bar and then tried to give me the wrong one. I got my 2nd S2 singlecut on ebay which was used. Got all the case candy with that one! Oh it gets even better. At the same GC store I bought a New Les Paul Traditional. They tried to give me a Gibson gigbag. Then the tool brings out a correct case that looked like they just got done playing hackey sack with it in the back room and it didn't have any case candy. I eventually settled on a correct Gibson HS case but here is the kicker: the birthday pic is of another guitar. WTF is their problem with cases? If that LP didn't sound so good I would have just walked.

Hi All,

Kind of a stupid question, but what comes with an S2 besides the gig bag? I've never had one before, and I picked up a new Vela about a week and a half ago at GC; unfortunately they gave me just the PRS gig bag with it - no hang tags or anything else. What else is supposed to come with an S2 - anything? I've never had an S2 before, and in all honesty the last time I had a PRS was 2009 and it had the hang tag, warranty card, wrenches and I think even a few extra thumbscrews for the old Phase II tuners.

Obligatory photo:
YlxjvT0.jpg
heart aches

Thanks everyone - I went back to GC tonight and it took them 5 minutes to find the accessory kit for me. Unfortunately the hang tag was long gone, but I care more about the tools and the other paperwork than the hang tag. Basically the night I bought it the person who got the bag from the back room snagged the one for the Special, and just pulled the kit for one of the other 2 S2s they have in stock (with the trem arm) out of the pocket of the gig bag. One of the sales guys went back and checked and found the 2 kits in one bag and got me the correct one. No additional thumbscrews, but he showed me both kits (the one for the Vela and as it turns out the one for the S2 Special) and neither had them. So all's well that ends well. I may contact CS and see if they can recreate the hang tag or send me a photocopy or something for my records.

TO OP: This is not a stupid question if you bought the guitar from GC.
I bought my first New S2 Standard 24 from a local GC. They tried to sell me the guitar without a trem bar and then tried to give me the wrong one. I got my 2nd S2 singlecut on ebay which was used. Got all the case candy with that one! Oh it gets even better. At the same GC store I bought a New Les Paul Traditional. They tried to give me a Gibson gigbag. Then the tool brings out a correct case that looked like they just got done playing hackey sack with it in the back room and it didn't have any case candy. I eventually settled on a correct Gibson HS case but here is the kicker: the birthday pic is of another guitar. WTF is their problem with cases? If that LP didn't sound so good I would have just walked.

As I mentioned it has been since 2009 since I last bought a PRS - and that was before the S2s; they were all "core" back then! Since then I've been back in Fender-land, and I know that the different Fender series come with differing amounts of case candy - for example MIM Standards (and their 2018 replacements the Player Series) don't come with anything except the trem arm for a Strats but American Standards came with tools, paperwork, even a strap and cable (their replacements, th American Professionals, no longer have the strap and cable) so I thought I would ask the experts.

Back