What classic amp resembles a PRS Custom 50/100 the most?

luckymethod

Hello everyone, I need a new amp. I miss having a real one since I've gone all digital, and I want something I can plug into without too many complications.

Long story short, there's a couple of PRS Custom amps available on my local Craigslist and I couldn't find a lot of info about what they are supposed to sound like. Is there any "famous" amp design from the past that resembles the Custom's design? What is it good for?

Thanks in advance.

Send me links to them and I’ll check them out for you.

Hello everyone, I need a new amp. I miss having a real one since I've gone all digital, and I want something I can plug into without too many complications.

Long story short, there's a couple of PRS Custom amps available on my local Craigslist and I couldn't find a lot of info about what they are supposed to sound like. Is there any "famous" amp design from the past that resembles the Custom's design? What is it good for?

Thanks in advance.
I have a 2 channel 20 head, and an SE 2 channel 30. The biggest thing is that the SE’s sound very different from the USA models. The 20 is unpacked in the dining area of my apt. It didn’t have enough volume when I gigged it, but I liked the sound. So here’s my take. Like any amp, it depends on what guitar you plug in, and what cabinet you use if it’s a head. The 30 gets used for every gig with no/Minimal stairs. I’m over 60 and so’s the weight of the amp.I’ve played jazz, theatre music, blues, Southern Rock and r n’b through it. All good. I don’t play metal. Each amp can be different depending on the wattage and tubes. They’re designed to have the master dimed, and then the channel volume used for clean/ dirt or more volume. Any amp can sound almost any way you want it to depending on how you set it. To me, PRS amps sound like PRS amps, that’s why I got them.If you post the models and wattage, we’ll be able to give you better specifics. Other than that, listen to all the YouTube videos for each specific model.

Back