What artists influenced or what prompted you to get PRS gear?

As first impact to fall in love with PRS the advertisings in the guitar mags could be named, I bought in the early 1990ties. One of the first guitarists I combine with PRS were Alex Lifeson and Dan Huff. Dan Huff with his stunning amber colored CU... Between first contact and acquisition approx. 19 years went by.
Therefore Mr. Dave Weiner is responsibly and the reason for actually buying a PRS in 2011. He showed off a PRS with a very interesting layout and amazing tonal versality. I bought my 513 with those specs that are my core specs talking about PRS: 10T and and quilted maple top.
In late 2016 I bought a PRS SE Mark Holcomb, yes, I like the music of Periphery.
How strat like is the 513? never seen one in person

@Mattsiatti, from my perspective it could come close to that chime of a Strat (positions 2 and 4), it also has a kind of Telish snappiness. And the SC in the middle is nice, too.

@Mattsiatti, from my perspective it could come close to that chime of a Strat (positions 2 and 4), it also has a kind of Telish snappiness. And the SC in the middle is nice, too.
I think both the 509 and 513 are high on my list of next guitars, but gonna have a hard time justifying that to the wife, might have to give her the cu24

I think both the 509 and 513 are high on my list of next guitars, but gonna have a hard time justifying that to the wife, might have to give her the cu24

Dude! Something like that even being an option is incredible.

You should just buy guitars for the house, like it's a shared commodity like flour or toilet paper.

In the 90's, before I started playing I saw Daniel Johns of Silverchair and Ross Childress from Collective Soul. Then I saw Dave Navarro, Clint Lowery and Mark Tremonti (the latter two switched from the big G incidentally after their first album) and they planted the seed. I ended up getting a standard in late '01 instead of the black beauty I wanted from Sam Ash

Chad Kroeger - Nickleback

nickelback-frontman-chad-kroeger-performs-during-a-soldout-show-at-picture-id71681840

My best friend's big brother was in the biggest local band when I was a kid. As a budding musician, I looked up to him quite a bit. One day he was ranting about a new guitar called PRS. He showed me an ad in some guitar mag and I thought the bird inlay was wild.

Flash-forward 12-13 years, I walked into my local guitar shop with a wad of cash from a car I had just sold. On the wall was a semi-hollow CU22 (Vintage Yellow) with factory McCarty options. I left with the guitar.

The artist known as my brother, he's not famous or anything but quite an accomplished player. He bought a PRS in '89 and I wanted one after the first time I played it. Nothing I've touched before or since plays as good as a PRS.

I listened to these guys heavily in the 90s and I'm just blown away with their PRS guitars whenever I see them play live on TV. Ever since I've always lusted for a PRS, which at a young age something I could not afford.

Daniel Johns of Silverchair
Marcos Cureil of POD
Ed Roland and Ross Childress of Collective Soul
Carlos Santana
Wes Borland of Limp Bizkit

Back