What Are Your Favorite Amps To Play?

I still have the feeling that my HXDA deserves to be my #1. It is touch-sensitive, does the things I need an amp to do, from clean to scream, and it's wonderfully reactive to the controls on my guitar as well as my picking.

Just my opinion, but the HXDA is THE classic PRS amp. I also feel it's a better sounding amp than anything I've ever played through, except the Two-Rock Onyx, an amp that sounds equally good even though my tastes lean toward the HXDA.

Today I was comparing it to every other amp I own, and thinking, 'why have anything else'?

Then I remembered that I have an amp switcher, and it'd be useless unless I had other amps. So that's my excuse for having more than one amp! :cool:
All of your HXDA amp talk has made me curious and thinking about getting one. :oops:

All of your HXDA amp talk has made me curious and thinking about getting one. :oops:
Don't take my word for it, I'll feel terrible if you don't like it. Here's the demo that sold me:

This one's David Grissom's demo, going from sparkling clean to dirty:

Here's a demo by Tim Pierce getting completely different sounds with them:

As you can see, the amp can do lots of things. I love it, you may or may not.

Don't take my word for it, I'll feel terrible if you don't like it. Here's the demo that sold me:

This one's David Grissom's demo, going from sparkling clean to dirty:

Here's a demo by Tim Pierce getting completely different sounds with them:

As you can see, the amp can do lots of things. I love it, you may or may not.
Sounds nice...It may could be overlapping with some things I already have but I do like it. I am also interested in the HDRX amp as well. I probably don't need either but you know how it is... :)

Omega Granophyre and Obsidian pseudo amp profiles in my Kemper, official from the amp company! The DI ones get 99% of my play time. I like lots of sizzling goodness, and they f00kin deliver! :D

Omega Granophyre and Obsidian pseudo amp profiles in my Kemper, official from the amp company! The DI ones get 99% of my play time. I like lots of sizzling goodness, and they f00kin deliver! :D
Both great amps and both great profiles.

Been loving my Quilter 101 Mini Head for the last few years. Sounds great, light, portable, solid state with that nice tube like feel, and takes me pedals well.

Les, if you put all the Switches on the HXDA to HX, wouldn’t you be getting essentially the same tone?
I don't think so.

The Hendrix Plexi they cloned for the HDRX was modded by a company in LA in the sixties, and they incorporated the mods.

As I understand it, the HXDA's 'HX' switching puts you into a clone of one of Eric Johnson's Plexis.

However, I can get pretty good Hendrix tones with the HXDA. I just want an HRDX out of sheer 'gotta-have-it-ness'. One day...!

For my solid bodies I split the signal to a Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+ with a Marshall 1/2 stack , and a Sovtek Mig 50 Head and a home built 2x10 Celestion cab .

For Jazz Mesa Rosette 300w Class D with 2x8 and tweeter - for fiddle this is bi-amped with a GK RB800 Fusion bass amp and 2x12 Bergatino w/ tweeter

For semi hollows and the occasional sit in gig - Peavey Classic 30

For Bass : Mesa WD-800 with 2x15 w tweeter

For my solid bodies I split the signal to a Mesa/Boogie Studio .22+ with a Marshall 1/2 stack , and a Sovtek Mig 50 Head and a home built 2x10 Celestion cab .

For Jazz Mesa Rosette 300w Class D with 2x8 and tweeter - for fiddle this is bi-amped with a GK RB800 Fusion bass amp and 2x12 Bergatino w/ tweeter

For semi hollows and the occasional sit in gig - Peavey Classic 30

For Bass : Mesa WD-800 with 2x15 w tweeter

Yay, another Studio 22 user. What an amp!

I'm still looking for my hands-down favorite clean sound from an amp. I like my Electra-Dyne with a Blue Note in front to brighten it up, but I'd love to get the tone I want without a pedal - for cleans anyway. Curious to try a Badlander. Or a Matchless :rolleyes:

Mesa Dual Rectifier - I have the Racktifier version, and yes even though I have Bass on 0, and yes even though I still have to use a pedal to tighten it up, it scratches my ear just right sometimes in a way other amps can't.

Fryette Deliverance - I have the Synergy preamp + Fryette 2/50/2 power amp way of getting there. What a raw, tough, sound. It's great. I don't have vintage Marshall experience. I owned a 2204 clone, and the Deliverance is what I wished it had sounded like. A terrific crunch tone.

Mesa Mark III - There's something special about the earlier Mark lead tone. I have the red stripe. Doesn't work for everything, but when I'm in the mood for that tone, everything sounds good thru it. It's weird.

I'm still looking for my hands-down favorite clean sound from an amp. I like my Electra-Dyne with a Blue Note in front to brighten it up, but I'd love to get the tone I want without a pedal - for cleans anyway. Curious to try a Badlander. Or a Matchless :rolleyes:

Mesa Dual Rectifier - I have the Racktifier version, and yes even though I have Bass on 0, and yes even though I still have to use a pedal to tighten it up, it scratches my ear just right sometimes in a way other amps can't.

Fryette Deliverance - I have the Synergy preamp + Fryette 2/50/2 power amp way of getting there. What a raw, tough, sound. It's great. I don't have vintage Marshall experience. I owned a 2204 clone, and the Deliverance is what I wished it had sounded like. A terrific crunch tone.

Mesa Mark III - There's something special about the earlier Mark lead tone. I have the red stripe. Doesn't work for everything, but when I'm in the mood for that tone, everything sounds good thru it. It's weird.
The amps you mention are highly regarded, and for good reason!

Fractal Audio Amp Models:

Clean:
Band-Commander (Bandmaster)
Vibro Verb
ODS-100 Clean ("D" amp model)
Shiva (Bogner)
Double Verb Normal (Twin Reverb)
Archean Clean (PRS Archon)
Vibrato Verb AB ('64 Vibro Verb)
Texas Star Clean (Lonestar)

Pushed/Crunch:
Brit JM45 (JTM45)