What are you practicing right atm?

It's only the past year that I've actually started putting an effort in learning cover songs as a method to enrich my musical vocabulary and incorporating tidbits of these songs in my own playing. It's a lot more fun than actually studying music.

Recently I was feeling ambitious and thought I'll give "Wait" by White Lion a try. I was never a big fan of the band but Vito Bratta is an amazing guitarist. This is one fun song to play, especially the rhythm guitar. The solo was a real struggle for me to learn and I'm in the slow process of perfecting my execution of it.
Vito Bratta is a MONSTER.
Shame that he basically just disappeared.

Various alter bridge stuff: one day remains, metalingus, broken wings, Tremonti's solo in Blackbird

Tremonti stuff: dust, leave it alone

Sultans of swing

The verse parts of Little Wing

Kinda starting Castles Made Of Sand, but only just starting to look at it

Every once in awhile I work on Hot For Teacher

Free Jazz - Kind of challenging due to there being no notable guitarists in the genre, learning sax lines from cats like Ornette Coleman and Pharaoh Sanders. Forcing me to play slightly different to emulate a sax type of phrasing, thankfully it's so freeform that I can get away with some bad notes and general musical stupidity.

I am learning Moby Dick atm.

I really suck at solos. Have to find a way not to avoid thinking about them and playing. Sometimes they’re so intimidating.

Now I'm learning songs as fast as I can for Thursday's audition (mentioned in a thread in General Discussion :) )...got 8 down so far...they just sent me a setlist and told me to learn what I could. Hoping to get at least 2 more down before Thurs.

Back