What are you playing or practicing right now?

i want to read this biography and possibly option for film.

“...There I was barreling down a mountain road out of gear trying to shift with my feet so I could play my guitar at the same time while using my knees to steer. Fortunately I didn’t hit the mountain: I went over the cliff!...”

“...There I was barreling down a mountain road out of gear trying to shift with my feet so I could play my guitar at the same time while using my knees to steer. Fortunately I didn’t hit the mountain: I went over the cliff!...”
The ground below rushed forward as the wind whistled through my long blonde hair, and the guitar sounded perfect.

I ground a few pounds in a ‘65 Peterbilt with a 5speed Spicer main box, and a Brownie 4 speed aux tranny.
Twenty speeds and not a synchro in sight!
Took me a year to get any good at jammin’ gears in that big rig.

I just got my CDL lol

I'll take an old 359 with a 3408 Kitty Cat and an Eaton Fuller 18 speed and then 2.90 gears.

No ELOG/ABORD
Hundred mile an hour truck
Put that baby into the wind
Listen to them straight pipes

Real musicians have day jobs.

I’m with Les on this.
I know lots of talented players with day jobs, but the guys I consider real musicians have a bunch of musical jobs: might be juggling the schedules of three bands they play with; many run studios to help pay the bills; lots teach.

I took up a regular profession because two regular bands and pick up work with a couple others along with pit bands from time to time didn’t quite get me where I wanted to be. I wasn’t that interested in teaching and didn’t have the ear to pull together a finished product in a studio.

I’m with Les on this.
I know lots of talented players with day jobs, but the guys I consider real musicians have a bunch of musical jobs: might be juggling the schedules of three bands they play with; many run studios to help pay the bills; lots teach.

I took up a regular profession because two regular bands and pick up work with a couple others along with pit bands from time to time didn’t quite get me where I wanted to be. I wasn’t that interested in teaching and didn’t have the ear to pull together a finished product in a studio.

I've always thought of professional musicians as anybody who makes their living strictly off of playing music. Whether it be gigs, lessons, session work, etc, and doesn't need a real job like the rest of us.

Back