What are you listening to right now?

81B7PCR2lbL._SL750_.jpg

You know me, there's ALWAYS a story...Blah blah blah!!!

OK, so I'm an old guy that still loves his CDs, and organizing my ever-growing collection...
I'll never pass up a "Good Will", or Thrift Shop, if I see one in my travels...
Yesterday went to a new Goodwill and found 2 pristine Tori Amos CDs...(along with a Phish CD I needed)
Tori, man, what a voice!!!!...And the mixes sounded great, for a car stereo.

You know me, there's ALWAYS a story...Blah blah blah!!!

OK, so I'm an old guy that still loves his CDs, and organizing my ever-growing collection...
I'll never pass up a "Good Will", or Thrift Shop, if I see one in my travels...
Yesterday went to a new Goodwill and found 2 pristine Tori Amos CDs...(along with a Phish CD I needed)
Tori, man, what a voice!!!!...And the mixes sounded great, for a car stereo.

Which Tori CDs? I loved her earlier stuff. A few years ago, I found a used copy of Y Kant Tori Read, which was an album I really wanted to hear. But it was something like $40-60 bucks, and I wasn't that curious. A couple months later, they announced that it was being re-released. Procrastination has its virtues!

Which Tori CDs? I loved her earlier stuff. A few years ago, I found a used copy of Y Kant Tori Read, which was an album I really wanted to hear. But it was something like $40-60 bucks, and I wasn't that curious. A couple months later, they announced that it was being re-released. Procrastination has its virtues!
LOL, I was one of those people who spent the $40-60 for it when my hype for her was at its absolute peak -- it was ... nothing like her solo material. You know she just released a new album?

Exactly...I found "Under the Pink", and "Little Earthquakes", which rounds out her first big 3...with Boys for Pele...(But I'm realizing the more I listen, the angrier she sounds...LOLOL)

Exactly...I found "Under the Pink", and "Little Earthquakes", which rounds out her first big 3...with Boys for Pele...(But I'm realizing the more I listen, the angrier she sounds...LOLOL)

Yeah, she kinda lost me a bit after that as well, but man - what a great album "Little Earthquakes" is. One of those that just made me say "whoa" when I first heard it. Even the B-sides and stuff around that era were very good. To me, she really had a unique voice on the piano - there is some playing and voicing on there that I can't quite picture coming from anyone else.

Yeah, she kinda lost me a bit after that as well, but man - what a great album "Little Earthquakes" is. One of those that just made me say "whoa" when I first heard it. Even the B-sides and stuff around that era were very good. To me, she really had a unique voice on the piano - there is some playing and voicing on there that I can't quite picture coming from anyone else.

Yup...and her Dynamics on the piano, no less, are awesome.

Oh, and she's cute!!!

Back