What are you listening to right now?

I may have posted this before, but I just came across this again. While the song is a bit "eighties" it does have a cool riff, and the singer is really good. Mike Slamer, who looks like Jimmy Buffet, is a MONSTER player. I also love his tones.

He's also in a band called Seventh Key, which I've posted here before. These guys do NOT get their due.

The timing in this tune is way cool:

I may have posted this before, but I just came across this again. While the song is a bit "eighties" it does have a cool riff, and the singer is really good. Mike Slamer, who looks like Jimmy Buffet, is a MONSTER player. I also love his tones.

He's also in a band called Seventh Key, which I've posted here before. These guys do NOT get their due.

The timing in this tune is way cool:

These are great! And I agree, love his tone. But I do especially like that last one -- nice and proggy, the way I like it. But all their performances are immaculate!

These are great! And I agree, love his tone. But I do especially like that last one -- nice and proggy, the way I like it. But all their performances are immaculate!

The vocalist/bassist of Seventh Key, Greer, is the bassist in Kansas. I also didn’t realize he and Slamer were in Streets, Steve Walsh’s band the first time he left Kansas.

Last edited:
This very tone is what made me decide I had to learn to play guitar. I have been into Pink Floyd since Dark Side of the Moon, but those DG EMGs are IMHO the best tone DG has ever had and that glorious sound pushed me over the edge.

P.S. @Alnus Rubra the chick on the sax is a beast!

This very tone is what made me decide I had to learn to play guitar. I have been into Pink Floyd since Dark Side of the Moon, but those DG EMGs are IMHO the best tone DG has ever had and that glorious sound pushed me over the edge.

P.S. @Alnus Rubra the chick on the sax is a beast!

I think that’s maybe Candy Dulfer. And yes!!

Back