What are you listening to right now?

Yeah, I sent that to some of the Rush fans here on Instagram (as you know). I hate to brag, but OSU’s band is just a different level than ANY other band. Search for some more of their incredible halftime shows, and then figure they put something like that together week after week. Just amazing!

Rush’s official Instagram account reposted it and whoever that is was just blown away.

An indy college station. It has a tiny broadcast radius, maybe a mile. My house is on one edge, and sometimes I get some stray Korean chatter rounding the corner to the house. The place I’ve been visiting daily is on the far edge.

Most of the music is stuff I haven’t heard before, and I haven’t heard any repeats in the month I’ve been listening. It’s refreshing to hear set lists that are curated by individuals with a good ear.

Just now...

Most of the music is stuff I haven’t heard before, and I haven’t heard any repeats in the month I’ve been listening. It’s refreshing to hear set lists that are curated by individuals with a good ear.

As much as I love my satellite radio, the days of the wide and varied playlists of XM are a distant memory. They shrunk when the Sirius/XM merger happened, and even more when Clear Channel got involved (one of the things I was trying to escape from terrestrial radio). A lot of the really interesting channels went online-only (MusicLab), and now the sports channels are doing that. Which sucks, because one of the things I loved about it was that I could listen to hockey or baseball while I was going to sleep or while I was driving (or both!). My wife and I joked that XM stood for Xcessive Metallica - it got played so much it wasn't funny, and there were numerous times where I'd hit Metallica on two or three stations at the same time. Last week, I hit "Sweet Home Alabama" on the 70s station and Classic Vinyl at the same time, which brought this to mind...

Just now...

As much as I love my satellite radio, the days of the wide and varied playlists of XM are a distant memory. They shrunk when the Sirius/XM merger happened, and even more when Clear Channel got involved (one of the things I was trying to escape from terrestrial radio). A lot of the really interesting channels went online-only (MusicLab), and now the sports channels are doing that. Which sucks, because one of the things I loved about it was that I could listen to hockey or baseball while I was going to sleep or while I was driving (or both!). My wife and I joked that XM stood for Xcessive Metallica - it got played so much it wasn't funny, and there were numerous times where I'd hit Metallica on two or three stations at the same time. Last week, I hit "Sweet Home Alabama" on the 70s station and Classic Vinyl at the same time, which brought this to mind...

Does your package include Rockbar? I think channel 355? It's a refreshing change. I am usually on Boneyard, Hair Nation, Classic Cassette; Classic Vinyl and Deep Tracks.

Discipline (local Prog band from the 90's and 2000's, mostly) remastered one of their albums, so I'm reminded to listen to some of their music. Matt Parmenter is an amazing songwriter.

Georgia Thunderbolts...saw them with Black Stone Cherry and Jared James Nichols Wednesday night. I don't take pics or videos when I go to a show, I'm old-school and I still remember the days of "no cameras or recording devices" being allowed at shows, so I just don't. But trust me when I say this, they blew the friggin roof off the place!

whathappensnextcover.jpg

Picked this up at the show this week. It's really good.

Back