What are you listening to right now?

Okay don't judge me...it's Tyler Larsons fault! So...being the open minded music dork that I am, I listened and I kinda dig it...that or I'm just mesmerized by Megan Fox' beauty? Uh...what was I talking about? Oh yeah Pistol Pete or whatever his name is.

I certainly do remember where I was at. I called in sick that morning because I was beat. I had been to see a certain someone at Alpine Valley the night before and was too bushed to go to work. My boss called me at home to ask if I called in because SRV had died. That was how I found out that my hero, who I had just seen less than 12 hours earlier, was dead. :(

I clipped pics, and articles for the next couple of months, and then made this.

dOTRr6o.jpg
Brutal.

Way, waaaay back when I was maybe 5 or 6 my uncle (the cool one, that turned me onto music) got a P.Bass for Christmas. I remember this song and being amazed with his playing. Later I understood just how easy it was for him to learn to play a song dead on, just by listening to it 2 or 3 times. Now, I REALLY appreciate how hard that is for us mere mortals. The dude had a tested I.Q. of like 175, so most things came easy to him. However, he never really applied that big brain to anything but music. He was a perpetually bored soul and eventually drugs (he claimed helped with boredom) were his downfall and ultimately took his life. Stumbled across this jewel and it took me back. This one's for you uncle Jimmy.

Fits the mood today...really the only "Metal" band I got into after the 80s. This one still seems to hold up. To me anyway. The intro is sooo mean!! This was always my go to when I was a gym rat.

Back