What are you listening to right now?

Black Stone Cherry- Black to Blues Vol 2. Had heard a couple songs of their here and there but it was the release of the Chris Robertson Signature SE that really led me to check them out more. Really dig both of the Black to Blues EPs, love the heavy take on the blues classics

There once was a time, long long ago, a time when instrumentals, tunes without vocals, could actually become a major hit on popular radio.....

........... Yea... I'm old.:oops:

... and Edgar can still really get down.

There once was a time, long long ago, a time when instrumentals, tunes without vocals, could actually become a major hit on popular radio.....

I was really hoping that Les was going to walk of half way through, with his accordion!

Me too...I miss those days.

And hell YES! Edgar still has the goods!

I watched the the "Johnny Winter Down & Dirty" documentary, the other day....fascinating!

Me too...I miss those days.

And hell YES! Edgar still has the goods!

I watched the the "Johnny Winter Down & Dirty" documentary, the other day....fascinating!

I can vouch for Edgar still having the goods. I saw him last year open for Alice Cooper and Deep Purple. He’s was great. Bonus, Doug Rappoport was playing guitar in his band.

https://soundcloud.com/angrydeli/record-store-promo-score
Myself. One of my best friends, who is also a video producer like me, was contracted to produce a promo video for a record store and asked me to come up with a song to use for the video. Based on his suggestions, this is what I came up with. Gear used: PRS SE Chris Robertson, PRS SE Kingfisher, Kemper Profiling Amplifier (Archon 100 profile), Logic Pro X.

A little local fare...believe it or not?!?!?!

A REALLY local band that's NOT the usual pathetic Walon Jennings/ Hank Williams Jr. "Wanna Bes" you get in this area typically. Nope these guys are more of an Alt/Indy band that I had no knowledge of until recently. They just made local headlines, by getting one of their songs played on an upcomming episode of "Shameless" on Showtime.

Not a big deal, unless you're me...but, if you're me...it's like a ray of sunshine. Just to know that there are at least a couple of guys within a stones throw away, that actually appreciate and create music that doesn't require the use of cowboy hats, boots or a tele and a lap steel.:rolleyes:

Again, not my usual my cup of tea...but hey, you take what ya can get from the local talent here in Gods armpit.:(

Right this second - Clutch's "Psychic Warfare". Picked this up last night. I kind of thought I had it, and my favorite podcast (Pod Of Thunder) did an episode on "X-Ray Vision". That's when I found I didn't have it, so I grabbed it at the record store last night. Along with a Ghost air freshener - something too stupid to pass up.

WhoCares - charity project band 2011...Ian Gillan, Tony Iommi, John Lord, Jason Newsted and Nicko McBrain

Buck & Evans - Write a Better Day.

I've fallen in love with Chris Buck's playing over the last year or so. If you've never checked him out...do yourself a favor do it...do it now!!!...Dude is a beast and IMHO
..HIGHLY underrated!

At 2:33 you'll see what I mean. This dudes phrasing is rediculous!

Last edited:
Been spinning some vinyl the last couple days because I’m on vacation for a week. Helps me work through my unlistened pile (which my wife seems to think is excessive, but it’s only a couple feet high, at least the vinyl portion). Just from memory, I’ve played...

- Steven Wilson “To The Bone”
- Alice Cooper “Breadcrumbs”
- Kiss “Dynasty”

I’ve got the new version of the Doors’ “Soft Parade” ready to go, plus a couple Fleetwood Mac sets I got for cheap that I haven’t played yet. And Friday is a special Black Friday Record Store Day - got a few things on my list to search for.

Speaking of Steven Wilson, it doesn't last a full week between 2 listening of Home invasion live.

Often followed by porcupine anesthetize live.

And when I have the time it's blu-ray version.

Steve Gunn - Tommy's Congo. Great track and He's a real guitar guy. Playing in Brooklyn February. Just toured with Dinosaur Jr..
Check em out!

Back