What are you listening to right now?

Boo on lame music.
Yay on new wheels.

COOL!! What'd ya get dude??

2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E in Radiant Red Metallic. I wasn't really in the market for a new vehicle. My neighbor works at CarMax and a couple of months ago he was telling me that they were giving outrageous quotes to buy people's cars due to the new vehicle shortage. I decided to head to the local Honda shop for an appraisal. I about crapped myself with the offer I got. It was only $4k less than I payed for the truck in 2017. No way could I pass that up. Put down a little coin to hold it, and sat back waiting for it to be built, and shipped from Alabama. Talking to my guy Saturday I commented on how empty their offsite holding lot was. He told me they usually have close to 1,000 cars there. As of Saturday morning, they had 23.

FIWwSeM.jpg

4oiByHF.jpg

2021 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E in Radiant Red Metallic. I wasn't really in the market for a new vehicle. My neighbor works at CarMax and a couple of months ago he was telling me that they were giving outrageous quotes to buy people's cars due to the new vehicle shortage. I decided to head to the local Honda shop for an appraisal. I about crapped myself with the offer I got. It was only $4k less than I payed for the truck in 2017. No way could I pass that up. Put down a little coin to hold it, and sat back waiting for it to be built, and shipped from Alabama. Talking to my guy Saturday I commented on how empty their offsite holding lot was. He told me they usually have close to 1,000 cars there. As of Saturday morning, they had 23.

FIWwSeM.jpg

4oiByHF.jpg

Nice wheels JB!

Here’s a wee tune for you -

A fan since the Stone Poneys days, Linda Ronstadt has been one of the more consistent voices since before I even started playing guitar. A cover band I've recently started playing with after the Covid-death of my former band since 2007, has a female singer in the band who has a good range for Linda's songs. This has me re-listening to Linda's hits and appreciating how good even her lesser known songs were.

I also recently got an autographed copy of her autobiography and read that. She is really a quite humble and sincere person, very un-diva-like in this day of me-me-me female singers. For all she's accomplished, she is more quick to lay praise at the feet of others than on herself. While it's sad she can no longer perform, she left the stage knowing she'd accomplished more than most ever will.

I could share a lot of videos, but one of the early ones that has made me stop to listen whenever it comes on...

A fan since the Stone Poneys days, Linda Ronstadt has been one of the more consistent voices since before I even started playing guitar. A cover band I've recently started playing with after the Covid-death of my former band since 2007, has a female singer in the band who has a good range for Linda's songs. This has me re-listening to Linda's hits and appreciating how good even her lesser known songs were.

I also recently got an autographed copy of her autobiography and read that. She is really a quite humble and sincere person, very un-diva-like in this day of me-me-me female singers. For all she's accomplished, she is more quick to lay praise at the feet of others than on herself. While it's sad she can no longer perform, she left the stage knowing she'd accomplished more than most ever will.

I could share a lot of videos, but one of the early ones that has made me stop to listen whenever it comes on...

I love Linda. I have a signed copy of the same book.

There's a great story about her first appearance on Johnny Cash's show. June Carter noticed at rehearsals that Linda wasn't wearing underwear, so she sent one of her assistants out to buy some. June took the underwear to Linda and said, "Here you go." Linda said, "I don't wear underwear when I sing." June said, "You do if you're going to sing with my John."

There's a great story about her first appearance on Johnny Cash's show. June Carter noticed at rehearsals that Linda wasn't wearing underwear, so she sent one of her assistants out to buy some. June took the underwear to Linda and said, "Here you go." Linda said, "I don't wear underwear when I sing." June said, "You do if you're going to sing with my John."

Man, was she a beauty or what?

FIWwSeM.jpg

4oiByHF.jpg
Nothing wrong with sticking with what works.
This one could probably last until you retire if you wanted it to.

I guess Johnny WANTED to be a pirate. Only the man in black could pull it off.

FIWwSeM.jpg

4oiByHF.jpg

Love it!!! Congrats my brother! I was reading up on these and they are supposed to be as good as it gets for a pickup. Built right here in Alabama. Hope it's a great one dude!

Love it!!! Congrats my brother! I was reading up on these and they are supposed to be as good as it gets for a pickup. Built right here in Alabama. Hope it's a great one dude!
Thanks Scott. Yeah, it is a perfect truck for me. Love the trunk in the bed. It's got a drain hole so you can fill it with ice and use it like a cooler at a tailgate. Plus, the trunk is big enough to stuff a body in. Comes in handy in Chicago.

This arrived today, but I probably won't get to it for a while. Gerald Casale from Devo, with appearances from other Devo-ites.

81TsHwhSbwS._SY355_.jpg

........... outrageous quotes to buy people's cars due to the new vehicle shortage. I about crapped myself with the offer I got. It was only $4k less than I payed for the truck in 2017. No way could I pass that up.

Same experience Jim. CRAZY trade-in deals right now. :eek:

Congrats on your cool new truck!

Back