What are you listening to right now?

If ya know, ya know...

As a kid from Alabama in the early 80's, I was in a world all my own musically. I tried to turn all my heavy metal/ southern rock guys/girls on to what I still hail as one of the greatest bands in history. Didn't translate then...still probably wouldn't now...and I still don't care...obviously their loss.

Not just 80s Clapton - very 80s vibe overall. Ties into his 'music like it used to be made' talk about the album. And the photographer had a definite Alannah Myles vibe to her.

I listened to the first 30 seconds and now I have "Africa" stuck in my head. It's a tad TOO 80s for me :)

New John Mayer tune. Very 80s Clapton vibe to it. I dig it.

Another new one from Cardinal Black...and another winner...to my ears anyway.

Digging both of these. I haven't enjoyed John's last two albums, but I kinda like this song. Of course, you all had me at Clapton and Toto!

I've never heard of Cardinal Black, but I really like this song! Going on a deep dive!

Digging both of these. I haven't enjoyed John's last two albums, but I kinda like this song. Of course, you all had me at Clapton and Toto!

I've never heard of Cardinal Black, but I really like this song! Going on a deep dive!

Yeah they're a new band. I believe this is their second single. Check out Chris Buck...he's IMHO one of the best guitar players alive at the moment. He has some SERIOUS chops.

Rick Beato did a 'What Makes This Song Great' of this one...he used the album track...and his breakdown is spot on, but this live performance is EPIC...

100% AGREE!! The very reason I picked up a guitar. Turned my dad onto this performance just before I lost him to cancer. We would sit around drinking Crown and Coke just soaking it all in, then talk about how amazing it was everytime we listened to it. Good times.

Back