What are you listening to right now?

That album is quite good. He supposedly has plans to do another blues album, but I don't remember if it's already recorded or not.
Yeah, I really like it, too. Some great playing.

This is his latest, released in mid-April. Instrumental versions of some of his favorite songs. First listen, for me.

The Black Crowes, live at the Beacon Theater, November 1996. I didn't see this show, but I did see them on this tour and they were phenomenal, as the classic lineup always was. The Crowes on a good night is a religious experience.

I caught a countdown on Beatles tunes that I’d not seen before. Every time I see something covering the astonishingly short span of their combined efforts, and the monumental body of work created in that brief period, I’m grateful to have grown up in the 60s and 70s and to have been a part of such an amazing time. Of course it’s endlessly debated, but to me they will always be the greatest band of all.

Last edited:
It's maid day in Japan (or was yesterday) so-

These ladies have been my favorite musical discovery this year, just a crazy-tight hard rock band. Kanami Tono wields a lovely CU24 in a green fade finish (I believe in an interview she said it's a Korina Custom.) Also Misa's switching between pick and slap bass during her solo is just killer.

Ok, this is new to me. They kicked some serious butt on that song. I’m going to have to check into this!

Some tasty licks from Frampton...................

I picked this CD up while at the Finale Tour in The Woodlands (Houston), and both that show and the cd were well worth the price. Frampton is playing as good or better than he was in the 70s. It’s inspiring!

Back