What are you listening to right now?

This is how to lead a band and play one of the most iconic guitar breaks of all time...That Black Strat sold for $3.975 million and it's case for $175,000 to the owner of the Indianapolis Colts, June 2019.

This is how to lead a band and play one of the most iconic guitar breaks of all time...That Black Strat sold for $3.975 million and it's case for $175,000 to the owner of the Indianapolis Colts, June 2019.

Still eats me up to think it's sitting in some rich dudes collection, and not in the hands of the master. "Think I'll buy me a football team" oh the IRONY!!! He should give it back to DG where it belongs...I know, I know, it was for charity...still irks me regardless. :(

Still eats me up to think it's sitting in some rich dudes collection, and not in the hands of the master. "Think I'll buy me a football team" oh the IRONY!!! He should give it back to DG where it belongs...I know, I know, it was for charity...still irks me regardless. :(

Point well taken...If he was really a philanthropist and not a 'most toys' knucklehead...he should just gift it back to Gilmore...Irsay is worth $2.7 Billion Dollars...

Want to say, WTF! DG let the thing go. I work hard to understand the rationale of others. I cannot figure this out.

Case not included!!?? Who TF did this auction, Guitar Center? :p

This is funny and oh So true!

Irsay actually plays, IIRC. He's been known to loan the instruments to certain people playing around Indianapolis - as I recall, he loaned one of Garcia's guitars to Dead & Company when they played there (I don't like the Dead, so I didn't really pay attention to the details).

Some years ago, Irsay's curator (for lack of a better word), Chris McKinney, was on Bob & Tom talking about Irsay's collection and how he acquired some of the pieces. He also teamed up with Pat McAfee (then the Colts punter) to make this video:

(Needless to say, not the real guitar.)

Cuz, RUSH!

Not a huge Rush fan because of Getty’s vocals, but I still appreciate the skills involved. Interesting video; thanks for sharing.

edit: Jim, While I acknowledge it would have changed the whole Rush vibe, and many would disapprove, can you imagine this band with Dino Jelusick singing?!

Last edited:
edit: Jim, While I acknowledge it would have changed the whole Rush vibe, and many would disapprove, can you imagine this band with Dino Jelusick singing?!

That would be intense, for sure! I'd like to hear Dino do some Dream Theater tunes. Nothing against James.

Back