What are you listening to right now?

Our very own Mark Letteri -

The Martin Miller band are pretty slick too!

It freaks me out to watch a left-handed drummer. I watched Brian Hitt (REO) live when he was in Wang Chung, and he kept switching in the middle of a song from right-handed to left-handed (He had his kit set up that way). Blew my mind.

Last edited:
It freaks me out to watch a left-handed drummer. I watched Brian Hitt (REO) live when he was in Wang Chung, and he kept switching in the middle of a song from right-handed to left-handed (He had his kit set up that way). Blew my mind.

Bun E. Carlos used to switch, too. Drove me mad.

They are an extremely talented group of musicians! But that drummer!!

This was the subject of a podcast I listen to this week. Always loved this song, especially the marimba solo and the little chuckles at the end of each verse.

ETA: Looks like this is the Midnight Special footage sync'd to the studio audio. The actual Midnight Special footage is live and worth watching because dude nails the solo. And how often do you get to see a bearded marimba soloist in a jumpsuit?

This was the subject of a podcast I listen to this week. Always loved this song, especially the marimba solo and the little chuckles at the end of each verse.

ETA: Looks like this is the Midnight Special footage sync'd to the studio audio. The actual Midnight Special footage is live and worth watching because dude nails the solo. And how often do you get to see a bearded marimba soloist in a jumpsuit?

Those cocky mofos look like jazz cats who figured out that playing soft rock in that day and age was an easy way to get laid. They're looking out into the audience and counting 'em up.

Currently listening to John Mayer!
Have been really hooked on watching Dead and Company shows on YouTube lately. The tone he gets is just jaw dropping!

Well dang... They've got the AC/DC/Cult/Def Leppard sound just rolled up and nailed down, haven't they? They look about 20 years younger than that. How long have they been around?
They sure do. Not really sure how long they’ve been around. I did see them open for AC/DC on the Black Ice tour. That had to be 2009?

Well dang... They've got the AC/DC/Cult/Def Leppard sound just rolled up and nailed down, haven't they? They look about 20 years younger than that. How long have they been around?

They sure do. Not really sure how long they’ve been around. I did see them open for AC/DC on the Black Ice tour. That had to be 2009?

A quick Google shows they formed in 2008. I was wrong about AC/DC, that was The Answer. The Treatment opened for Motley Crue and Kiss.

And I still can't get enough of his new album. It was my snow shoveling music this week.

I just discovered Tim Minchin this year, and have fallen utterly in love with his work. Apart Together is a freaking amazing album. I really really need him to do a US tour when tours are a thing again.

Lionel Loueke's HH. It features his renditions of several Herbie Hancock compositions. Here's a link to Bandcamp with some samples, if you're curious.

While the idea of buying digital rather than physical copies of albums still feels weird to me, I'm getting more used to it. Anyway, I took advantage of the last Bandcamp Friday to buy the Loueke album along with Greg Koch's Repentant and Samantha Fish's Kill or Be Kind.

Back