What are you listening to right now?

The latest thing I played...

Lehrer just announced that he's putting all his lyrics and sheet music in public domain so no one will have to pay anyone to perform or adapt his songs. Still going strong at 92, and one of the sharpest comedic minds ever. He did not hide his intelligence in his comedic music, and it's something of a shame that he got out of the game when he did. He wrote some classics.

The latest thing I played...

Lehrer just announced that he's putting all his lyrics and sheet music in public domain so no one will have to pay anyone to perform or adapt his songs. Still going strong at 92, and one of the sharpest comedic minds ever. He did not hide his intelligence in his comedic music, and it's something of a shame that he got out of the game when he did. He wrote some classics.

Good lord. My Dad had collected 2 of his 33LP albums when they were released back in the late 50's (early 60s?). Although I've deleted most of his work from my library (it's an acquired taste, folks), a shudder goes through me every time I listen to Bright College Days...ready...?

New BSC just dropped. Yup it kicks a$$!

I have that on order - I'm ready for it to come in.

One nice thing about having the week off - I could stay up and watch the debut of this.

Tim Minchin writes some great comedy music, but he nails this stuff, too. This video is a one-shot - wonderfully staged and beautifully executed.

Back