What are you listening to right now?

That's me (and my acoustic he's playing). David has serious pipes.

Good for chiming in on it, I wasn't going to name drop.;)

... and yes, even though he started off shaky, by the end of the tune he just blew me away. Great & unique vocal style, I think I'm going to learn those chords and try to emulate .... I mean ... butcher the hell outta those vocals.

Good for chiming in on it, I wasn't going to name drop.;)

... and yes, even though he started off shaky, by the end of the tune he just blew me away. Great & unique vocal style, I think I'm going to learn those chords and try to emulate .... I mean ... butcher the hell outta those vocals.

I know I’m just a “name dropper”!;)

That's right, poofy haired crooner Gino, with his syrupy smooth pseudo soul singing and sugary pop hits that would have been the highlight of any RomCom soundtrack known to man, he was the desire of middle aged women across the world.

But did you know he loved and wrote fusion too? The drum performance and guitar work IMO are on par with any of the Jazz Rock masters of the time.

Last edited:
No afternoon meetings yesterday and today combined with a much lighter morning meeting load has meant that I get through Bob & Tom in the morning, leaving the afternoon for the stereo.

Yesterday - Def Leppard's "High 'N Dry", the Police's "Regatta de Blanc", and the new Body Count CD, "Carnivore". Had not heard the Police album in years, and I'd never bought "High 'N Dry". Box sets fixed that.

Today, I've got Alan Parsons "Live" going now, to be followed by a Blondie compilation, and a remaster of Triumph's "Just A Game".

Back