What are you listening to right now?

Nice! I'll be honest, I really haven't listened to anything of his since the MSG days back in the 80's, but McAuley's voice has held up really well!
I haven't either. I couldn't even tell you if he was active in the years between the MSG albums from back in the day, and when he rejoined Schenker 4 or 5 years ago. I think it's cool that the last couple of Schenker tours have had four of his past vocalists on stage. Barden, McAuley, Bonnett, Doogie White.

Big Rush kick here as well, especially the SiriusXM bonus channel. "Moving Pictures" yesterday on the iPod.

Mixed in a podcast and Lacuna Coil at work. And a bit of this guy as well:

THAT guy...is a baaaaad man! I "accidently" caught him on a trip to see my mom last summer. Went to check out another old motorcycle buddy of mine play at Vulcan Park in Birmingham. I didn't know Kingfish was on the bill...he is the real F'n deal!!!!

Last edited:
I toss on a pair of headphones every afternoon when I take the pups for a walk. It's been nothing but the Rush Catalog since that day. Man, it's brought back a lot of good memories!

What a great idea! As soon as I read this I put on my Sennheisers and walked Astro to "Hemispheres".

I got some AT ATH50X BTs for our anniversary. I rarely watch any television these days. So, I literally live with cans on my head every day...the Ginger Godess even keeps a pair of socks close..to throw at me to get my attention.

I've been soaking up a lot of Rush and all my other favorites, a good set is the only way to listen to all that greatness, all those little nuances are sublime!!!

100% true story.:)

I got some AT ATH50X BTs for our anniversary. I rarely watch any television these days. So, I literally live with cans on my head every day...the Ginger Godess even keeps a pair of socks close..to throw at me to get my attention.

I've been soaking up a lot of Rush and all my other favorites, a good set is the only way to listen to all that greatness, all those little nuances are sublime!!!

I just bought the ATH40's, they are corded but they have excellent sound, and noise cancelling.

I got some AT ATH50X BTs for our anniversary. I rarely watch any television these days. So, I literally live with cans on my head every day...the Ginger Godess even keeps a pair of socks close..to throw at me to get my attention.:)

I went visual! They’d have to be pink fluffy ones!

Last edited:
I just bought the ATH40's, they are corded but they have excellent sound, and noise cancelling.

The sound quality and and sound stage are reeeally good, aren't they?!?! I love these things!

I put a pair of Brainwaves Hybrid Memory foams on mine and it made them even better! They're much more comfortable if you live in them like I do.

I'm a bit of a headphone junky. My wireless headphones are Bowers and Wilkins PX wireless, but they give a bit too much isolation to use walking the dog - I'd probably get hit by a car! I switch between Massdrop/Sennheiser HD6XX, Massdrop/HiFiMan HE4XX and AKG K-702 wired open back headphones depending on my mood. The HiFiMans are my first set of planar/magnetic headphones, and if you haven't tried planars, the clarity is like nothing I've ever heard. They are finicky to drive though - low impedence plus low efficiency. I've got another half dozen pairs of various closed back headphones for use in my home studio.
I'm sitting at my desk at work right now doing paper work and listening to Yes 90125 through Koss Porta Pro - they are great sounding punchy little portable headphones that go for less than $40!

I'm a bit of a headphone junky. My wireless headphones are Bowers and Wilkins PX wireless, but they give a bit too much isolation to use walking the dog - I'd probably get hit by a car! I switch between Massdrop/Sennheiser HD6XX, Massdrop/HiFiMan HE4XX and AKG K-702 wired open back headphones depending on my mood. The HiFiMans are my first set of planar/magnetic headphones, and if you haven't tried planars, the clarity is like nothing I've ever heard. They are finicky to drive though - low impedence plus low efficiency. I've got another half dozen pairs of various closed back headphones for use in my home studio.
I'm sitting at my desk at work right now doing paper work and listening to Yes 90125 through Koss Porta Pro - they are great sounding punchy little portable headphones that go for less than $40!
I use the Bose Soundlink headphone during the winter. With a bald head, and Chicago winters, they aid as earmuffs! During the summer, I've had a couple of close calls. Last spring I bought a set of Aftershokz Bone Induction headphones. They are wrap around, but go on your skull under the ear lobe. The sound quality isn't nearly as good, better than others, though. Nothing in the ear at all. I can carry on a conversation, and still hear music. They kind of freaked me out, at first. But, I can hear cars, and the joggers coming now.

Back