What are you listening to right now?

After their premiere guitar rig rundown and that pedal show interview, I started listening to baroness - never heard of them before

Their latest Gold and grey, 3 tracks from borderlines to pale sun is a good run. Love the whole album

Koch-Marshall Trio live in Holland. Part of the on going tour...Yeah...it's a Reverend Signature Gristlemaster guitar thru a Koch(Dutch made) combo amp, 2x10s...Greg never repeats or runs out of riffs/motifs either. Pretty incredible I must say...tone,taste, timing, technique. The chord work? Wow.

Last edited:
New Dirty Shirley. George Lynch on guitar and a re-incarnation of Dio on vox.

Good stuff!

<Hyperanalytic nerd alert>

1983 take: This is world changing!
2019 take: This is a really good take on stuff we've already seen

<hypercritical>

The vocalist is really really good. He also needs to open his mouth more in front the camera to show that he's really being it.

How many bands/projects has George Lynch shown up in lately? Seems like a lot. Love the doubleneck pointy guitar. Also the martial arts master look is working for him.

The bass player is lefty? Director lost an opportunity. should've played on that more for the visual appeal of bilateral symmetry. Bonus points if he'd insisted on a BC Rich-ish doubleneck bass.

</hypercritical>

</Hyperanalytic nerd alert>

Last edited:
After their premiere guitar rig rundown and that pedal show interview, I started listening to baroness - never heard of them before

Their latest Gold and grey, 3 tracks from borderlines to pale sun is a good run. Love the whole album

That was.. really different from what I was expecting. And I didn't know what to expect.

Good stuff!

<Hyperanalytic nerd alert>

1983 take: This is world changing!
2019 take: This is a really good take on stuff we've already seen

<hypercritical>

The vocalist is really really good. He also needs to open his mouth more in front the camera to show that he's really being it.

How many bands/projects has George Lynch shown up in lately? Seems like a lot. Love the doubleneck pointy guitar. Also the martial arts master look is working for him.

The bass player is lefty? Director lost an opportunity. should've played on that more for the visual appeal of bilateral symmetry. Bonus points if he'd insisted on a BC Rich-ish doubleneck bass.

</hypercritical>

</Hyperanalytic nerd alert>

I think this is the 863 release GL has been on this year, so far!

New Revolution Saints. Can't go wrong with Doug Aldrich, Deen Castronovo and Jack Blades!

Lately I keep bouncing back and forth between uber guitar-centric stuff like Plini and Polyphia to pop and song-oriented stuff like Lizzo and the latest Grace Potter.

Can't get enough of this Lizzo tune. It grooves super hard and the guitar parts are deceptively difficult. The bridge section towards the end is killer.

I've been watching videos of this one off live show from earlier this month. Would have loved to have been at it.

KK Downing, Tim "Ripper" Owens, Les Binks, Dave Ellefson and A.J. Mills blasting through Priest classics.

Back