What are you listening to right now?

because ask his danny.

SB: What kind of strings do you use?
Sting: The ones that are given to me for free. When you’re rich and famous people want to give you things. It’s a wonderful irony that amuses me. And now I’ve run out of wisdom of charisma. But if you want to know more about my equipment I can make sure you get to speak to my Danny, who handles that.

http://www.singingbassist.com/interview-with-sting-the-singing-bassist/

He finally figured out why Andy was pullin all the groupies? o_O

Underrated band

ABSOLUTELY!

This is one from Live in the X-Lounge XII. A now defunked radio station in Birmingham did these every year from I think '97 until '04.

They managed to corral; everyband that was any band (at the time); in town to perform.

There are A TON of killer live/unplugged performances. This sort of thing, has been sorely missed in this part of the world. Nothing this cool has happened around here, since good ol 107.7 the X tanked back in the mid 90s.

Definitley worth a listen IMHO. It is like a straight up 90's/2K's time machine for me.

Enjoy!

All the volumes are on youtube. This one brings back A LOT of old memories!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC1E5A130804943A1

This Mannix episode, "Warning: Live Blueberries" was first broadcast October 28,1967, and feature The Buffalo Springfield playing "Bluebird" in the 'hippie bar' called the 'Lost Dimension'...far out man...(I saw this for the first time, last night, on MeTV...I had a gig that Saturday night at the Rose Hill(Franconia, Virginia) Swimming Club pool party that's why I missed it...and my Pop's favorite TV detective btw)...but thanks to technology, I get to see and hear it for the 1st time after over 50 years~!

Last edited:

Absolutely my favorite band at the moment. I bought Find a Light when it first came out, but for some reason it didn't click the first time I heard it. But a couple of weeks ago I had to make a trip back to the old homestead so I spent about 16 hours total in the truck listening to nothing but Find a Light, Like an Arrow and The Whipoorwill. It was a good trip!

Really diggin this at the moment.

"Dirty Stoner Rock" ;)

Last edited:
Felder said he was very nervous playing that because Jimmy Page was sitting right there watching him.

Felder said he was very nervous playing that because Jimmy Page was sitting right there watching him.

Think about it...the only other double neck Gibson played live, on stage, for the other most famous guitar intro/solo was played by Page himself...

Right now I've got 2 albums on heavy rotation:
  • Periphery: HAIL STAN
  • Devin Townshend: Empath

Next up:
  • Tal Wilkenfield: Love Remains
    • She's a lot more than just Jeff Beck's bassist
  • Lonely Robot: Under Stars
    • Solo project of John Mitchell from Frost*/It Bites/Kino

Back